Contract Duration: 5 Months
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
• As a Senior Java Developer, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of people changing how the Bank develops applications, consumes services, and manages our IT infrastructure.
• Client is looking to build their Product Engineering teams with influencers, practitioners, and leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers
• The API Architecture and Tooling team builds software components and tools that accelerate the development velocity of hundreds of application development teams, provide architecture as code, provide solution design, development, integration and operational services for enterprise customer digital communication products.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• If you are passionate about building advance software components, have a strong technical mindset, and thrive when immersed in a fast-moving and high performing team, then this is the place for you!
• An ideal candidate is a Senior Java Developer with 3 to 5 years of experience in designing and developing using the advance features of Spring Boot and Spring projects, and Java.
• Primarily focused on design and development the internet facing API Marketplace solution.
• Participating in daily design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices
• Designing technical solutions and strategies for software applications and building detail technical design, deployment & implementation patterns
• Assess and analyze business strategy & requirements, working on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
• Our team is a high performing, flexible and fast – you will be asked to provide peer reviews, leadership, mentorship and quality control on a daily basis.
Must have skills:
1. 6+ years of Java Experience
2. 3+ years of java 8 experience
3. 3+ years of past work experience with Restful API, API design and Microservice Development using Java and SpringBoot.
4. Advance level proficiency in designing and building applications using 12-factor Cloud native and Microservices Architecture
5. Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in designing and developing internet facing web applications especially Developer Portal or API Marketplace type of web site build experience
6. Experience using Jenkins for building CI/CD pipelines and using SonarQube, Fortify, Web Inspect and Back Duck for Code Quality
1. 2+ years of prior FI or banking experience – preferred
2. Experience building internet facing applications
3. Knowledge of Azure, GCP, Docker, Splunk, Dynatrace is an asset
4. Proficient in Cloud-native Containerized Architecture and have years of experience in deploying applications to containerized cloud platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and Kubernetes and Istio Service Mesh
5. Proficient in IDE tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA or VSCode