Senior iOS Developer
Location Address: Toronto – 100% remote option available within Ontario
Contract Duration: 10/31/2022 – possibility for extension
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9-5
Story Behind the Need:
Project: This group is looking for a Front end IOS Developer for on an upcoming Authentication project. They will be developing android applications – including writing code, testing, creating release build and publishing to the users.
Candidate Value Proposition: Working on brand new project from scratch. Have a very supportive and helpful culture, united and team oriented. Opportunities for progression throughout the bank, may be able to move onto other project. Community practice – teach and share training sessions.
Typical Day in Role:
• Participate in daily scrum meeting –touch base what was done yesterday, what the team will be working on today, any blockers that need resolution
• Work on assigned tickets
• Review team members codes – Team uses a peer review system for code review
• Work with product owners and business system analysts to refine ticket requirements in JIRA and Confluence, review pull requests, and implement documented designs.
• Develop high-quality code by reviewing work with designer and product owners and resolving any issues quality assurance testers.
• Collaborate closely with a team of iOS, Android, and backend developers to work on both new features and incremental improvements to the bank’s flagship mobile app
• Adheres to and demonstrates good coding conventions and best practices, and helps to maintain the architecture of the project
• Stays on top of reviewing others’ code, actively contributing suggestions and catching potential issues
• Always works to balance user experience, performance (client and backend), and security
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 5+ years of IOS Development (conceptualization, design, and development)
2. 5+ years of experience with Swift, XC Test, UI Kit, Auto layout and building interfaces programmatically
3. 5+ years of experience with tools such as: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket (how many years)
4. 5+ years of experience with different software design patterns e.g. MVVM
Nice to have Skills:
• Knowledge of and experience with Combine and SwiftUI
• 5+ years experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong communication skills – both oral and written
• Leadership experience -projects/teams
• Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education: Post-secondary preferable in computer science or engineering.
Candidate Review & Selection: 2 step interview process
1st IV with Hiring manager – team fit/personality based – 30 min – phone call
2nd IV with SME – Technical interview– might be a small coding assignment within that interview – video – 1 hr
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP