Senior iOS Developer
Duration: 7 months – extension based on performance
Number of Positions: 1
Location Address: WFH – Toronto once covid restrictions lifted but open to look outside GTA for fully remote candidates
Typical Hours: 9-5 flexible
Business group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Applications – We are building out digital products for the bank. Physical assets, bank mobile applications, digital marketing, digital branding.
Project: This candidate will not be working on a specific project or initiative necessarily, but rather BAU for the group
Reason for request: New position
Candidate Value Proposition: We are completely focused on greatest and latest that Apple has to offer. For any developer if you want to be up to date on application build technologies and work on these technologies this is the place to be. We are consistently working on the latest and showcased on app store. This specific initiative results in the First Canadian App supported by Apple available in the store.
Typical Day in the role:
– We have biweekly scrum meeting
– Work around these scrum schedules – 70% of the time spent on developing
– 30 % of the rest of the time is spent on other scrum activities
– Very development focused role
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
– Work with product owners and business system analysts to refine ticket requirements in JIRA and Confluence, review pull requests, and implement documented designs.
– Develop high-quality code by reviewing work with designer and product owners and resolving any issues quality assurance testers.
– Collaborate closely with a team of iOS, Android, and backend developers to work on both new features and incremental improvements to the bank’s flagship mobile app
– Adheres to and demonstrates good coding conventions and best practices, and helps to maintain the architecture of the project
– Stays on top of reviewing others’ code, actively contributing suggestions and catching potential issues
– Always works to balance user experience, performance (client and backend), and security
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with our clients Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Qualifications/ Must have:
1) 8+ years of iOS development (conceptualization, design, and development), including experience with Swift 5 (language) and XCTest
2) 8+ years working with UIKit, Auto Layout, and building interfaces programmatically
3) Familiarity with different software design patterns, with some experience providing hands-on architectural design for native iOS apps
5) 8+ years of Experience with tools such as: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
Nice to Have skills:
1) Bonus points for knowledge of and experience with Combine and SwiftUI
2) Prior FI or Banking Experience
3) 3+ years of experience with of iOS design best practices and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines. Willing and able to provide designers with constructive feedback – Please detail within the resume as well as Skills Matrix where the candidate has gained experience
4) Experience 3+ years of experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs
– Candidate should take ownership of tasks assigned and be able to independently
– Self-starter that actively engages issues seeking resolution, ability to meet dynamic changes on prioritization
– Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
– Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
– Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
-Strong investigation, prioritization, and organization skills
– Candidate must have an open mind when it comes to approach, and be able to assess each situation separately
– Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
First Round: Resume Screening
Second Round: Take home assignment
Third Round: Review of Take home assignment, with 2 Members of the team
Additional Notes –
– This posting will have the opportunity to be extended