Contract Length: until Oct 31st 2020 (potential extension)
Location: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to lead the migration of 400 private cloud migration – execution phase, anticipated to go until Aug 2021 (maintenance afterwards, additional work afterwards).
Accountable for planning, engineering and 24×7 operations of all global infrastructure supporting the bank. Deliver the full range of IT infrastructure services inclusive of the public cloud, traditional data centers and our branch locations. Services include architecture, engineering and operational support of bank's networks, systems and databases as well as end-user support for over 90,000 employees. Team of over 1,800 people located in 15 countries, with primary locations in Toronto and Mexico City.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
• Foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
• Have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• Care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
Typical Day in the Role:
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Cloud Services, you will…
• You will onboard and manage new cloud services in the private and public cloud, Vrealize , Azure and GCP.
• You will manage & automate Cloud services life cycle aspects (monitoring, patching, events notifications, configurations remediation, HA/DR requirements).
• You are not adverse in providing Level 3 support & vendor escalations for management tools and Cloud Services.
• You excel in the development of technical documentation of configuration and operational procedures for service operations teams (build & runbooks) & technical specifications.
• You can contribute to implementation planning.
• Broad knowledge with Storage, networking and hyperconverged platforms (Nutanix and Dell)
• Linux and Windows Administration & AD skills
Mandatory/Must Have Skills:
1) DevOps software engineer with automation development experience (Python, Bash, PowerShell) – 6+ years of hands on experience
2) Configuration Management development using one of these tools (SaltStack , Ansible or Puppet/Chef) – 6+ years of hands on experience
3) Building CI/CD pipelines and experienced with – 4+ years of hands on experience
4) Build Tools: Gradle, Jenkins CI, Artifactory, Nexus, GIT – 4+ years of hands on experience
5) System Integration and REST API development background – 4+ years of hands on experience
Nice to Have Skills:
– vSphere Platform automation experience
– vRealize Automation experience – vRO orchestrator workflow development
– Windows / MS-SQL automation experience
• You possess excellent communication (verbal/written (technical documentation)/presentation) skills to both a business and technical audience.
• You also possess excellent customer relationship skills.
• Completion of a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related technology-based stream or equivalent