Hiring Manager: Senior Manager, Development
Location Address: Hybrid –
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Extension Opportunity: High possibility
FTE Opportunity: High possibility
Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: Enterprise Shared Service (Digital)
• The team is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to work with the Notification Services team in Digital, who can help us build the next gen of notifications capabilities for the bank. The ideal candidate is passionate about designing and developing complex, highly reliable and scalable enterprise systems on cloud infrastructure.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within the bank. We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work. This is an exciting opportunity to start with us on a challenging journey building a critical new Digital Communications platform for the bank. As a DevOps Engineer of the team, you will get the opportunity to grow and learn from experts in different technology domains, and to enhance your technical skills. If you are an experienced DevOps Engineer with a strong improvement-focused mindset, keen interest in cloud technologies, and thrive in a fast-moving environment – this is the position for you!
Typical Day in Role:
• Maintain a technical proficiency with respect to programming languages, scripts and processes to ensure that the bank is well positioned for technological advances in the marketplace.
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (MS Azure, GCP, AWS).
• Assist/support developers troubleshooting efforts of applications in development environments. Timely resolution/investigation of deployments and development environments issues.
• Maintain and manage the non-Production environments to ensure stability and uptime.
• Develop Jenkins CICD pipelines-as-code to run and maintain non-Production environments to ensure stability and uptime.
• Collaborating and providing guidance on DevOps best practices such as automation, code security, CI/CD(Azure Devops), logging and monitoring, alerting etc.
• Ensure operational and system documentation is created and maintained
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 6+ years of DevOps experience.
2. 4+ years of experience in Azure Devops within the cross-functional feature team to provide infrastructure expertise and support.
3. Competent in tools required to automate CI/CD pipeline – Jenkins pipelines, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, Docker Containers, Kubernetes, Bitbucket.
4. Working experience with Powershell, Bash Shell scripting, Maven/Gradle scripting, AIX/Linux, Windows, WebSphere Application Server, Eclipse Platform, Banking systems and their integration, Web Services, Microservices, SpringBoot, Java 11.
5. Strong knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, VPC, subnetting, VPNs, etc), security and optimization.
• Previous exposure to the banking industry/financial services is preferred.
• Working knowledge of NoSQL database (Cassandra).
• Experience with Cloud Automation and Infrastructure as Code (e.g., PowerShell, ARM, Azure Automation).
• Experience with cloud Infrastructure logging and monitoring (cloud-native or 3rd-party vendor solutions like Splunk and Dyntrace).
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
• Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Strong analytical skills.
• University or College Degree in Computer Science