Senior DevOps Engineer
Typical Day in Role:
• Maintain a technical proficiency with respect to programming languages, scripts and processes
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (MS Azure, GCP, AWS).
• Assist/support developers troubleshooting efforts of applications in development environments. Timely resolution/investigation of deployments and development environments issues.
• Maintain and manage the non-Production environments to ensure stability and uptime.
• Develop Jenkins CICD pipelines-as-code to run and maintain non-Production environments to ensure stability and uptime.
• Collaborating and providing guidance on DevOps best practices such as automation, code security, CI/CD(Azure Devops), logging and monitoring, alerting etc.
• Ensure operational and system documentation is created and maintained
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 6+ years of DevOps experience.
2. 4+ years of experience in Azure Devops within the cross-functional feature team to provide infrastructure expertise and support.
3. Competent in tools required to automate CI/CD pipeline – Jenkins pipelines, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, Docker Containers, Kubernetes, Bitbucket.
4. Working experience with Powershell, Bash Shell scripting, Maven/Gradle scripting, AIX/Linux, Windows, WebSphere Application Server, Eclipse Platform, Banking systems and their integration, Web Services, Microservices, SpringBoot, Java 11.
5. Strong knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, VPC, subnetting, VPNs, etc), security and optimization.
• Previous exposure to the banking industry/financial services is preferred.
• Working knowledge of NoSQL database (Cassandra).
• Experience with Cloud Automation and Infrastructure as Code (e.g., PowerShell, ARM, Azure Automation).
• Experience with cloud Infrastructure logging and monitoring (cloud-native or 3rd-party vendor solutions like Splunk and Dyntrace).
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
• Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Strong analytical skills.
• University or College Degree in Computer Science