Job Description: Change Manager
The bank is seeking a Change Manager on a large enterprise wide transformational program. The Change Manager will act as a People and Deployment Readiness Workstream lead – overseeing and integrating the efforts of change management, training, customer experience, marketing and front line delivery. The Change Manager will need to develop the integrated change management strategy and execute that strategy. This includes, but is not limited to: stakeholder assessments, communication plan, leadership alignment plan, readiness and sustainment plan, and change metrics. The role will also call for tactical execution of the plans developed (i.e. writing and/or providing input or oversight to others for communication development, building presentations, facilitating meetings, etc.)
• Lead People and Deployment Readiness Workstream including integrating the efforts of change management training, customer experience, marketing and front line delivery • Apply a structured change management approach and methodology for the changes impacting employees and customers • Develop a change management strategy based on assessment of the change • Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans – including stakeholder assessments, communication plan, leadership alignment plan, readiness and sustainment plan, and change metrics • Execute on the tactical details of each plan • Support the communication, training and engagement efforts of employee-facing managers and business leaders • Be an active and visible coach to executive leaders who are change sponsors • Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns • Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of individual changes.
• Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success • Work with project managers and teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan
• Bachelor's degree required
• Familiarity with the Change Management methods, approaches, tools • Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal • Excellent active listening skills • Problem solving and root cause identification skills • Must be a team player and able to work with and through others • Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal • Proficient in Microsoft Office suite: PowerPoint, Excel, Word • Manage multiple and diverse stakeholders with varying needs • Establish and manage communications processes, protocols and plans • Create communications pieces for diverse audiences in multiple ways • Able to resolve complex issues and conflicting interests with diplomacy and recognize when issues need escalating • Operate under intense pressure Nice to Haves:
• Certification in Change Management methodology • Familiarity with Project Management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
1. Minimum of 8 years of dedicated Change Management experience. This is a large scale business transformation project that will affect employees and customers.
2. Candidate must demonstrate experience in not only strategic vision, but also following through on that vision to completion – the role will entail both strategic and tactical efforts.
3. Candidate must demonstrate experience leading teams and/or workstreams.