Senior Business (Systems) Analysts X 3
Length: 6 months, start in September
The Business (Systems) Analyst acts as the requirements project lead. Through liaising with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, the BA elicits requirements and documents these requirements for use within the project life cycle. The BA ensures the requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards. The BA builds exceptional relationships with business partners and technology teams.
· Identifies sources of requirements, possible interfaces, and affected business stakeholders based on high-level process description, user stories or scenarios
· Facilitates information gathering sessions, including leading discussions, managing group dynamics, and maintaining group focus, to work towards accomplishing the stated goal(s) of the session within the context of the project objectives
· From these information sessions, gathers the requirements and documents these requirements for use within the project life cycle
· Works with project stakeholders to validate their requirements and analysis models via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs
· Ensures system specifications meet the business stakeholders expectations/requirements, and negotiate solutions when appropriate
· Participates in reviews or inspections, in collaboration with the project team, to ensure the quality of work products
· Builds, sustains, and leverages relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding stakeholders problems and opportunities
· Adheres to and ensures that others adhere to the organizations Requirements Management Process to support the organizational standards and ensure consistency of deliverables
Knowledge and Skills
· Generally, at least 5 years+ progressive business analysis experience, supporting medium to large size projects
· Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition techniques
· Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the ‘Feasibility,’ ‘Requirements,” and ‘Analysis’ phases.
· Demonstrates writing and documentation skills.
· Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support
· Ability to transcend and bridge communications between IT staff and end-user base, e.g., Lines of Business, Operational groups, Analytics teams
· Strong Communication skills – communicates easily with varying stakeholders in various situations (e.g., controlled situations such as one-on-one interviews, formal information gathering sessions, etc. and informal situations such as discussions via email )
· Experience as a hands-on team contributor that plans and executes to meet tight timelines
· Experience with handling multiple projects with competing timelines
· Experience or comfort in business process mapping
· Projects will involve: Fraud
o Experience with data requirements, data mapping
o Experience with technology solutions around Fraud detection and intervention: cheque, credit and debit card fraud, etc.
· Projects will involve: GITRM
o Experience with infrastructure-type projects
o Experience with technology solutions around Identity and Access Management, specifically RSA Via, SailPoint
o Experience with other areas of Cybersecurity/Info Security would be an asset