Title: Senior Business Analsyt – 29346-1
Start/End Dates: 1/28/2019 – 10/31/2019
Work Location: TORONTO, ON – 250 Yonge St City & State:
This group provides ongoing enhancements to the Counterparty Credit Risk Application Suite.
There are 5 people currently on this team. This individual will be working closely with another upgrade project team.
The environment is pretty informal – everyone is friendly. Team members are expected to be able to work independently. Candidates need to be self-starters and able to take initiative. They should also be willing and able to provide coaching to Junior BA's on the team.
EVP (Employee Value proposition):
This would be an exciting opportunity for someone looking to work in a role that will keep challenging them. They will have the opportunity to learn new things and gain coaching/leading experience. There is also opportunity to be moved to different projects once this one wraps up if the candidate performs well.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
· Lead new initiatives end-to-end; development of business requirements for Technology Development and/or vendors, develop test strategy and test plan and perform User Acceptance test to ensure business and analytic requirements are correctly implemented · Participate in the implementation process to ensure proper and timely implementation of system enhancements · Manage the relationships with clients across the organization as well as with the vendor · Mentor and lead junior business analysts to deliver on projects · Assist in the documentation of procedures, control processes, and policies relevant to internal controls.
· Identify opportunities for improvements within the counterparty risk system infrastructure.
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum 5 years of BA experience within Capital Markets (in depth knowledge of financial products such as OTC derivatives, security financing)
· Hands on experience in manual testing (test case design to ensure coverage and execution)
· Strong proficiency with Excel (used in manual testing and for daily reporting)
· Proven experience working on multiple large projects simultaneously
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
· Understanding of security financing products (e.g. Repos, MBS) is preferable
· Knowledge of scripting and automation (Excel VBA, Python, Perl, C#)
· Broad understanding and experience with risk management methodologies, preferably in Counterparty Credit Risk
· Previous banking or financial industry experience
· Excellent oral and written Communication Skills as they need to interact with all levels in the management hierarchy (developer, Project Manager, VP, Director)
· Ability to multitask
· Must be a self-starter and have the ability to take initiative
· Strong time-management
· Bachelors in a technical field (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) required coupled with CFA/FRM designation (in progress would also be considered)
· MBA or Masters in Finance or related field considered an asset