Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 8 Months
Story Behind the Need
Summary: The main function of an IT Project Manager is to oversee the application of project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle, with responsibilities that include project design, scope management, cost control, quality and performance reporting.
– Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
– Partner closely with other members of functional teams to define business requirements.
– Ensure compliance to Bank delivery standards for the entire delivery pipeline.
– Facilitate the Development, Testing, Deployment and Support functions,
– Prepare and present cost-benefit analysis
– Present on initiative status, issues, remediation plans to steering committees or project sponsors
– Ensure project is delivered on time, within budget and with defined scope
– People management and team building skills
– Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
– Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
– Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions
– Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment
1. 5-7 years of prior work experience as a BA
2. Managing senior stakeholders, managers and directors within the bank
3. Create, present and execute presentations to executive level stakeholders.
4. Financial analysis and ROI analysis of the product
5. Gather business requirements with different team members to finalize requirements
6. Prior Project management experience regarding budgeting, scoping and delivery of product.
Nice to Have:
1. PMP or PMI certification
2. Prior IT Security knowledge is an asset
3. Prior FI or Banking experience
• A recognized under-graduate degree in computer science or related science/engineering major is desired.