Senior Business Analyst
Typical Day in Role
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
• Ability to deal with daily issues/changes in retail and trading products as they impact Securities Clearing
• Understand securities markets and types, industry standards for custody, clearing and settlements
• Contributing to the preparation of associated manuals, guides, and procedures.
• Contributing to the resolution of operational problems ensuring appropriate action is taken to prevent recurrence.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills
• 10+ Years as a Business Analyst
• 5+ Years Experience with Settlements
• Strong Microsoft Excel experience
• Good understanding and awareness of strategic and tactical business planning and executional issues/processes.
• Expert knowledge of Bank’s products, policies and services.
Nice to Have Skills
• SQL/Power BI and or Excel Marco experience would be an asset
• Understanding of Capital Markets
• Excellent communication skills, with strong negotiation and strategic influencing skills.
• Adaptability to operate in a rapidly changing environment regarding policies, procedures, automation, and client needs
• Results focused to identify and take action on any issues/concerns/processes in a timely matter.
• Very good analytical & problem solving skills and sound judgment needed to critically examine reconciliations, their operations & processes including in depth knowledge of the settlement department processes and inputs from up and downstream systems.
• College or University degree (Business or Financial preferred