Senior Business Analyst
Typical Day in Role
• Works with key stakeholders within the regulatory capital reporting to test alignment of technology solutions with business requirements as well as requirements documentation.
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers.
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of regulatory capital business reporting functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities.
• Works on multiple aspects of regulatory reporting projects as a project team member. May serve as a liaison between the business and IT in order to support the provision of technical solutions to meet user needs.
• Data analytics and implementation testing on a state-of-the-art reporting platform (e.g. AXIOM SL)
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7-10+ years’ experience working within a senior role (lead capacity) in the banking industry – experience with BASEL strongly preferred
2) Strong knowledge of data analysis software
3) Strong requirement of documentation and testing skills are required
1) Regulatory capital experience preferred
2) Power BI experience is an asset
3) SQL experience is an asset
4) experience with BASEL
5)experience with AXIOM
5)experience with OSFI
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Project management skills in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details.
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions.
• Strong communication skills are required
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as mathematics, data analysis, or computer science
• MBA or other related advanced degree preferred