Senior Analyst x 2
Typical Day in Role
• Support the Associate (Team Lead) and Director to ensure that the Bank is compliant with regulatory obligations and bank-driven risk measures.
• Facilitate the Onboarding of GBM Canada clients, with a key focus on business from LATAM, in an efficient, compliant, and client-centric manner, while identifying and escalating complex issues to management for resolution.
• Participate in constructive two-way feedback with the Team Lead, with a focus on learning and development.
• Participate in development and delivery of training and/or improvements to guidance, procedures, processes, technology, etc.
• Prioritize requests for information, establishing response times and escalate requests as required
• Analyze and escalate High-Risk, PEP and sanctions-related relationships with supporting documentation to internal stakeholders for review.
• Champion a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Act as an AML subject matter expert to the business and internal stakeholders.
• Perform ad-hoc, special, and/or focused data analytics as necessary, as well as other duties and projects as assigned, to support management and various GBMO projects.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursue effective and efficient operations while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 2-4 years’ experience in financial services and/ or KYC/AML/ATF
• 2-4 year’s overall experience as an Analyst
• Proficient with MS Office with experience in data analytics
• Bilingual in Spanish and English (Oral and Written)
• The incumbent must have recognized knowledge of current and anticipated regulatory frameworks impacting client onboarding knowledge of Canadian KYC/AML.CANDER, Dodd Frank, EMIR, MIFID and FATCA knowledge an asset.
• A sound understanding of global banking and capital markets business is desired, as is a client-centric approach to the role. The incumbent should have broad knowledge of the end-to-end workflows among the Front, Middle, and Back Offices.
• Preferred: CAMS Certification, Experience with Fenergo, Fluency in French, IIROC knowledge & dealer member experience
• Must be able to operate effectively within a stressful environment with changing priorities and tight time frames which are closely scrutinized by Senior/Executive Management.
• Excellent oral/written communication, relationship management, and time management skills.
Degrees or certifications:
• University degree in business, finance, law or other relevant field preferred