Senior Analyst, Data Visualization
Reporting to Senior Manager, Data Visualizations, this position will be accountable for conduct data visualizations, enhance existing data solutions, and support analytical activities contributing to overall success of the Internal Control Unit – International Banking strategic initiatives.
Typical Day in Role:
• Maintain, support, and enhance existing business intelligence solutions built in Power BI using data visualization techniques and providing continual added value to our stakeholders – bulk of the role
• Collaborate with Internal Control Team and data owners to understand business objectives, develop valuable reporting and provide recommendations to solve challenges on a daily basis
• Provide actionable insights and meaningful messages from the reporting to drive business decisions. Able to tell a story by synthesizing large amount of data into understandable visual insights that are aligned to business goals and objectives.
• Access and combine data (structured and unstructured) across multiple sources to uncover insights and support various business initiatives.
• Streamline and automate data procedures within the team to reduce manual process and improve overall efficiency.
• Manage the repository of all reporting assets including and not limited to development scripts, documentation, user guides, process maps, etc.
• Support ad-hoc requests/questions from executives and other key stakeholders.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3-5 years’ experience as Data Analyst
2) Demonstrated hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of Power BI Premium Capacity (data cleaning, data conversion, performance optimization, interactive views, DAX, advanced calculation, etc.)
3) Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites: Excel (advanced, Vlookups, pivot tables and charts, macros, etc.), Word, and PowerPoint.
4) Advanced knowledge using range of data transformation and modelling tools, for examples: SQL, Power Query, VBA – to build, debug
5) Demonstrated hands-on experience with implementation of ETL processes and automations.
1) Fluent in Spanish (both verbal and written) considered an asset.
2) Knowledge of Python and R considered as assets
3) Previous FI/Banking experience an asset
4) Data analysis experience in Azure / or other cloud platforms considered an asset.
5) Data Analyst experience – preferably within FI, preferably within North America
Soft Skills – are important to have
– Strong communication skills – to demonstrate they can understand directions from senior management and discuss interactions; to articulate their processes as they are communicating with stakeholders on a daily basis
– A high degree of flexibility, strong organizational and time management skills are required.
– Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
– Strong problem-solving, collaboration, and communication skills.
– Analytical capabilities to generate insights and present effective data-driven business recommendations to various stakeholders.
Degrees or certifications: Post Secondary Education in a related field