Senior Accounting Officer
Typical Day in Role
• Receiving and validating information dividends/interests, claims, and reorg events assigned to Income processing (Stock dividends, stock splits, spin-offs etc) as well as DRIP and currency elections
• Preparing and distributing bulletins notifying internal clients of the event and related deadlines for instructions
• Receiving, processing, and reconciling Reorg instructions within market deadlines
• Verifying the dividend/rates, currency, tax implications with various depositories DTC, Clearstream, CDS and Citi and ensures that all entries are correctly processed and each issue is completely balanced.
• Responding to inquiries from internal and external parties and ensures that all his/her duties are performed in manner consistent with SCUSA’s standard and procedures
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills
• 2+ years of experience as Senior Accounting Officer or related field
• Knowledge of the operational procedures and regulations of Clearstream,Citi, DTC,CDS,TSX and of the transfer agents and other financial institutions with whom the department interacts on claims, payments and processing of dividend/interest entitlements.
• Knowledge of Dividends, Interest and associated tax issues as they relate to the payment processing and reporting,Domestic and Foreign i.e. NRT, Source Tax, eligibility, record/ex/payable date implications, and different tax treatments etc.
• Provide customer service consistent with our service Standards and Complaint Resolution Procedures. Participate and/or assist in training/cross-training as required by management
• MS Office & Experience with Excel (VLOOKUP, Formulas, Pivot tables)
Nice to Have Skills
• Good knowledge of Security Operations and Income Processing procedures especially those that relate to the processing of cash dividends, interest, splits and distributions. The processing of all tax related documents, as well as those of the departments that relate to the Income Processing area – settlements, re-org and reconciliation
• Knowledge of Dividends, Interest and associated tax issues as they relate to the payment processing and reporting, Domestic and Foreign i.e. NRT, Source Tax, eligibility, record/ex/payable date implications, and different tax treatments etc.
• Acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of BFS system in general and detailed knowledge of the DIV-ReWrite system, Anvil, Arrow as they relate to income processing.
• Power Bi is a plus
• Ability to respond to fluctuation volumes within tight timeframes and maintain a high degree of accuracy.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills, and works well in a team environment
• Bachelor’s degree required
• CSI is a plus