Security Specialist ( Network Engineer) Palo Alto Firewall/Security
Duration: 8 months
Work Location: Mississauga/remote work 40%
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Manager, Network Engineering, this position is primarily responsible for the design, architecture and delivery of client’s network security. This position requires security prevention including understanding of ASA and Palo Alto firewalls. Installing and maintaining firewalls for rule changes, hardware and software upgrades. The position will require working with network LAN/WAN group to build up 3rd party communications. Interactions with both server and applications team to allow communications on web and 3rd party applications ensuring all security is maintained. The selected individual will ensure that security requirements are met, and work with teams to effectively secure solutions, create and design test scenarios to ensure the security requirements can be met, are adequately tested, appropriate documentation is created and passed to deployment team for production deployment.
Working in network security requires a vast and deep knowledge of how different technologies work together. The individual will have a detailed technical understanding of how attacks are performed at the network, service and application layers, how technologies such as firewalls, IPS/IDS, deep packet inspection, pattern recognition, and monitoring inter-relate to provide and effective security system.
The network security and associated services provided by client must be delivered in a reliable, timely and consistent manner as they are often a key component in large initiatives that have tight timelines, business and technical requirements.
IT Specialist Responsibilities
• Act as a Subject matter expert and consult with clients and project teams with respect to security standards, best practice processes, designs and trends
• Configure, Implement and rollout Palo Alto firewalls into an enterprise environment
• Research/analyze business requirements to evaluate and recommend optimal solutions within business technology architecture
• Identify/implement process improvements to enhance revenue, customer experience and/or reduce costs
• Assist or lead the writing of business cases for security initiatives
• Coach/educate others within the team and other departments
• Actively represent the group at meetings and on projects
• Ensure effective change management discipline is used
• Keep current with industry and/or business trends
• Perform testing according to test plans, monitor and report on results, and work with others on problem resolution
• Communicate project status and provide timely escalation of issues to ensure project objectives are met
• Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in achieving project/business objectives and providing client services
• University, College degree or equivalent experience with Network infrastructure and Security or a related field.
• Minimum 8 years configuring and supporting firewalls and Intrusion prevention systems.
• Minimum 7 years working directly with enterprise networks from both technical and security perspectives, primarily in a Cisco based network
• Minimum 5 years working with network protocol analysis and deep packet inspection
• Minimum 8 years working with security on large scale enterprise networks from a technical and architectural perspective.
• Minimum 5 years experience with packet and flow analysis
• Minimum 5 years experience on firewalls including hardware/software upgrades.
• 4 Years of hands on Palo Alto and Panorama experience
• Experience understanding network security authentication and authorization as it relates to network flows and the delivery of applications and services
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts in business terms
The following knowledge would be an asset:
• Palo Alto certification
• Experience with BGP and OSPF routing protocols
• Experience with Tufin SecureTrack and SecureChange
• Experience with VMWare NSX
1.) Palo Alto – 4 years
2.) Firewall/Security – 8 years
NICE TO HAVE:
1.) Cisco Routing is an asset