Position Title: Security Specialist III
Duration: 6 months
Work Location: Mississauga/Scarborough/remote possibility for off hours
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is part of the Network Infrastructure Deployment department, with responsibilities for deployment and implementation of network DNS, DHCP and Load Balancing. The prime challenges of the team are to test and deploy DNS and Load Balancing for network deployments and application onboarding.
Reporting to the IT Manager, Network Deployment DNS and Load Balancing, this position is primarily responsible for the design and delivery of DNS and Load Balancing. The position will require working with advanced technologies. The position will require working with other security, LAN/WAN, and application teams across the bank to understand their security, DNS, DHCP and Load Balancing requirements as it relates to the network and security policies of the bank. The selected individual will ensure that security requirements are met, and work with teams to effectively secure solutions, create and design test scenarios to ensure the requirements can be met, are adequately tested, appropriate documentation is created, change management policies are followed and passed to operational support teams for production deployment.
Working in network and network security requires a vast and deep knowledge of how different technologies work together. The individual will have a detailed technical understanding of how attacks are performed at the network, service and application layers, how technologies such as DNS, IPAM, DHCP and Load Balancers are utilized within an enterprise network.
The network deployment and associated services provided must be delivered in a reliable, timely and consistent manner as they are often a key component in large initiatives that have tight timelines, business and technical requirements.
• University, College degree or equivalent experience with Network infrastructure and DNS, DHCP, BIND, LOAD Balancing or a related field.
• Minimum 8 years configuring and supporting DNS, DHCP, IPAM and Load Balancing methods L1-L7.
• Advanced knowledge of GTM, LTM, IQuery.
• Working knowledge of SSL, SSL protocols and ciphers.
• Minimum 8 years working directly with enterprise networks from both technical and security perspectives, primarily in a Cisco based network
• Advanced knowledge of network and Internet Protocols (i.e.: DNS, RADIUS, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, HTTPS, NNTP, NTP, NFS, SNMP, LDAP, etc.), analysis, deep packet inspections
• Knowledge of iApps / iRules
• Advanced knowledge of application onboarding
• Advanced knowledge of SSL certificates.
• Assist Technical Response teams by resolving service related customer/network outage tickets and network-wide trouble tickets.
• Minimum 7 years working with network and network security on large scale enterprise networks from a deployment and/or operational perspective.
• Minimum 5 years' experience with packet and flow analysis
• Minimum 5 years' experience with Application delivery, load-balancing, or content delivery specifically utilizing the F5 product line
• Ability to document all MOP’s and processes.
• Experience understanding network security authentication and authorization as it relates to network flows and the delivery of applications and services
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts in business terms
• Perform testing according to test plans, monitor and report on results, and work with others on problem resolution
• Communicate project status and provide timely escalation of issues to ensure project objectives are met
• Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in achieving project/business objectives and providing client services
• Support a positive work environment that promotes customer service, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ensure effective change management discipline is used
• Keep current with industry and/or business trends
Experience with the following technologies is a must:
• F5 Knowledgeable in load balancing and security concepts L1-L7. – 5 years
• TMOS upgrades
• BASH/TMSH scripting.
• Network Security Protocols
The following certifications would be an asset:
• F5 Certification in LTM, GTM, IRules, Application Delivery
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• Certified Cisco Network Professional (CCNP)
• Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• DNS & DHCP
• Working knowledge of Alcatel Lucent QIP
• Experience with BGP and OSPF routing protocols
• ASA and PIX Firewalls, VPNs,
• Microsoft Office applications and MS VISIO
• F5 LTM, GTM, iRules, iApps
• Experience with ITIL V3