Here are job details
12+ months contract
Fredericton or St. Johns, NB
Truly Canadian company with over 134 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team. Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network. The service we provide is the foundation of competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company. The security specialist must work within and have an appreciation for the security operating environments. The specific focus of the position requires knowledge for the management of all operational applications, processes and technological capabilities required to support the managed security deliverables within all secure operating centers. The incumbent is required to understand each of the managed customer contracted requirements as it relates to operational performance and deliverables, the respective internal infrastructure and inter-networking relationships as well as the required security operating practices as defined by the contracts.
The position is during regular office hours, with afterhours availability (pager) to fulfill a 24/7 operational requirement. The role, as required, must also be capable of serving within a SIRT as called upon, to contribute or lead specific investigation of a forensic and restorative nature.
Your accountabilities will be:
- Manage the daily customer requests for changes to their security infrastructure.
- Prepare changes for security devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, identity access management etc.
- Participate in new customer integration projects and services and prepare implementations.
- Reviews and interprets security alerts and provide diagnostics in the management of incidents to support clients.
- Depending on the nature of the security threat, assess and develop mitigation measures to ensure that appropriate treatment is applied, and ensure that customers are informed.
- Take proactive measures to manage all perimeter security equipment or associated components which may be interrupted or affected as a result of threats or vulnerabilities.
- Configure, install, manage and maintain security devices and provide general information and recommendations on security best practices.
- Develop documentation associated with maintenance releases and keep them updated.
- Observe security management best practices.
Your qualifications/ competencies are:
- Completion of University or College program in Computer Science; or 5 years of equivalent industry experience in the information systems field.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting security solutions including authentication, authorization, encryption and audit capabilities as part of an overall system design.
- Thorough knowledge of devices and network security infrastructure (“hands-on?).
- Practical experience recognized in the implementation, daily management and troubleshooting firewalls from multiple vendors.
- Proven experience in the daily management and troubleshooting of intrusion detection and prevention systems (IPS).
- Experience in troubleshooting security solutions including authentication capabilities, authorization, and encryption as well as securing devices access.
- Experience translating complex and ambiguous problems into actionable components.
- Ability to work on multiple clients and multiple technologies.
- Be able to work under pressure (required during incidents).
- Good communication skills, writing and presentations. Self-starter with excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and French (written and spoken).
- Hands-on security certifications from major vendors.
- Experience working with the following security management consoles of Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco, Tufin, Fortinet, Mcafee, ArcSight etc.
- Knowledge of offensive and defensive security operational tactics.
- Understanding of NIST, ISO 27001, ITIL, SAS70 (or 5970) and/or other compliance frameworks.
- Knowledge of security information events management (SIEM)