Location: WFH – Scarborough once Covid Restrictions lifted
Contract Length: 8 months
July Start Date
Number of Positions: 2
Story Behind the Need: Platform Engineering Cryptography is seeking a SecDevOps Engineer to be responsible for leading, implementing and supporting the secret management platform for our banking client. We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about Cloud computing, automated security services and cryptography. You will be working on enterprise grade security solutions, cutting edge technologies, such as Clouds (Azure and Google), and modern application management platforms (i.e. Kubernetes).
Candidate Value Proposition:
Not only will this candidate gain experience at a big 5 bank, but they will be working daily with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies, making real impact at the bank and its deliverables. This team at the bank is part of the Global Information Security group, you will collaborate with diverse application teams and solution vendors. As we aggressively continue on our digital transformation journey, you will be provided with the opportunity to grow and thrive in the SecDevOps space.
Typical Day in Role:
– Develop infrastructural provisioning and automated application deployment scripts
– Execute gap analysis in order to improve performance and operational processes (scalability, reliability, audit, monitoring and security).
– Participate in architecture and design discussions for solutions and enhancements.
– Document detailed designs and define technical solutions that take into account the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment and constraints.
– Provide L3 production support for secret management platform (third party client consultation on integration with the platform, root cause analysis and troubleshooting).
Must Have Skills / Requirements
1) 3+ years of strong SecDevOps experience in version control, container management, orchestrators (bitbucket, Jenkin, docker, Kubernetes)
2) 3+ year on GitOps workflow, Anthos, and related declarative languages (YAML, HELM, Terraform, and Ansible)
3) Experience in either Azure, Google Cloud , AWS and cloud native practices
4) Expert knowledge of Linux OS capabilities
5) Deep understanding of system/service monitoring
6) Experience leading small to medium projects
7) Understanding of network protocols and network security.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
– Strong negotiation skills, conflict management skills and ability to influence executive management
– Works well under pressure and against strict timelines.
– Ability to work well within a team towards common goals.
– Ability to provide progress reports and outline clear requirements to complete required integrated changes.
– The successful candidate will have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and independently
– Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and MS Project; PowerPoint expertise
Education and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
-Nice to have CISSP (Certified Information and Systems Security Professional), CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional) or OSCP (Offensive Security Certified Professional) preferred