Scrum Master/Project Manager
Location Address: WFH – Toronto, ON.
Contract Duration: ASAP Until 10/31/22
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9-5 (7.5 Hours)
Extension: Yes – depending on performance and availability of projects
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Enterprise Digital Banking Technology is seeking a Scrum master for the Project Titan (Digital Onboarding). This divesture is planned in the upcoming months (end of October, for now) and we need to hire Scrum master asap, to work with team on digital onboarding requirements. They will required to help after post implementation.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on digital project within the bank and will be managing a team of 10-12 resources.
Typical Day in Role:
– Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope
– Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising
– Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs
– Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing
– Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses
– Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized
– Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) 3+ years of Scrum Master experience (fulfilled Scrum Responsibilities)
2) 5+ years of IT Project Management (end to end project experience, particularly with start of development till post implementation)
3) 2+ years of hands on experience managing 5+ team members
– PMP or CSM
– Outstanding communication skills (verbal & written) – influencing team towards goal
– Make sure stakeholder requests properly managed
– Demonstrated ability to work well across many teams and environments.
Best vs. Average Candidate:
– Previous project manager within banking or is familiar with bank processes.
– Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
– Technical background – BA, Developer etc.
Candidate Review & Selection
– 1st round: Senior Manager & Senior Scrum master
– Potential 2nd round: Director