The Geospatial Services team is looking for a motivated and experienced Scrum Master, to join our team. The candidate will become a key member of our projects delivery, accountable for leading the execution of software development projects as part of an Agile Train.
The Prime responsibility of this position is to lead a cross-functional team of IT professionals including Developers, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Systems Architects and Vendor Partners to deliver software solutions.
This role also includes managing project schedules, budgets, managing partners and vendors, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders.
• Facilitate sprint planning, stand ups, Story grooming, retrospectives and other Agile ceremonies
• Remove obstacles or help the team do so by showing them the way
• Train and coach the team to achieve the next level of Agile maturity
• Maintain and update metrics and artifacts to ensure accurate and transparent communications to all stakeholders
• Proactively identify risks and resolve issues leveraging clear escalation paths
• Anticipate problems and difficult situations, propose solutions and take part in their resolution
• Collaborate with the manager and product leads to determine sprint priorities
• Completed bachelor’s degree in a related field and 3+ years of relevant work experience with Agile and Scrum
• Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSM) or Certified Scrum Coach (CSC) or equivalent formal education in Agile
• Project, product, or technical leadership experience in a software development environment
• Agile methodology expertise and experience guiding teams on how to get the most out of self-organization
• Ability to coordinate and plan effectively with other technology Teams within an Enterprise
• Experience using Agile Planning Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Kanban Boards)
• Passion for communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Strong work ethic with a focus on collaborative problem solving and solutions delivery
• Ability to motivate a team to work towards a common end goal
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills to clearly express and communicate concepts, designs and proposals. Ability to communicate highly complex matters and adapt to the target audience and forum.
What would give you an advantage?
• Certification or practical familiarity with Agile for Enterprises (SAFe)
• 3+ years of Software development experience