Contract duration: 6 months + chance of extension
Location: WFH (Toronto once BCP is lifted)
• Business group: The team is looking key to meeting the operational data needs of the various stake holders within Capital Markets .
• Project: The Scrum Master will be joining a team that is key in sourcing the data from the key wealth systems and transforming the data to meet the business objectives. Working on multiple projects
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will be working with cutting edge technology in a large enterprise environment. Supporting multiple business lines, the candidate will be exposed to various groups within Wealth Management.
Typical Day in the Role:
– Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning sessions, sprint review and retrospective meetings.
– Manage the team Kanban board and guide the team to update Kanban board and keep it up to date.
– Remove impediments and continuously look to ways in improving process to increase efficiency
– Guide and coach the team to become self-organized and encourage collaboration.
– Support the product owner in maintaining and grooming the product backlog
– Focus on improving team dynamics and performance and work with the team in managing interpersonal conflicts, challenges etc.
– Communicate with the senior management and maintain stakeholders’ relationships
– Manage project budgets and forecasting
– Track projects as it progresses through each stage of project life cycle
– Monitor and document project status and represent the team in program level project meetings and provide updates
– Assist with roadmap planning and capacity planning discussions with leadership
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 + years’ Comprehensive knowledge of Agile, Scrum and Jira Applying techniques for effective workflow on Kanban
2) Minimum 1 project specifically leading Modernization
3) Recent roles in the Financial Industry is required (Minimum 1 project)
4) 3+ years' experience in managing complex delivering software projects
5) Demonstrated experience in applying agile methodology to delivering IT projects (recent project experience)
6) Excellent communication skills to manage stakeholder relations, and work with cross-departmental teams
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from technical discussions to program managers)
– Excellent coaching skills
– Demonstrated leadership skills through leading large teams
– Commercial banking experience is a plus and will be prioritized
– Software dev background will be good
– Wealth project exp. is a plus but not required
– Scrum Master certification
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, business, Information sciences or other related field