Location Address: WFH (Toronto)
Contract Duration: 6-month contract
Business Group: The group focuses on investment products and is looking for a strong candidate who enjoys working in an agile environment and is comfortable working with both technical and business partners to ensure projects and releases are delivered within project timeline. The aim is to complete projects in a timely manner to meet customer requests.
Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a high-performance agile environment with a good chance of extension and long-lasting growth within the bank
Story Behind the Need
Purpose of Job:
The Scrum Master is responsible for driving team effectiveness by identifying and removing impediments, supporting the team, and encouraging practices in accordance with agile principles.
As a Scrum Master you will ensure the team enacts the agile principles, values, and framework:
– Provide support to teams using a servant leadership style
– Coach the development team and help lead and insure the “agile mindset” is fully adopted and understood
– Inculcate core agile values of focus, commitment, respect, openness and courage into the team’s ground rules through leading by example
– Assess and coach the team to higher levels of performance, tracking acceleration metrics
– Guide the development team on how to integrate agile ceremonies and values into daily work.
– Encourage an environment where open communication and collaborative problem solving can pave the way for faster removal of any impediments and where the impact of mistakes can be minimized through early detection, making them into learning opportunities
– Engage with the team and technical SMEs to identify technical debt risks and develop approaches to remediate.
Qualification of Must Have Skills:
1. 7+ years of IT experiences
2. 5+ years Project Management experience with a strong understanding of agile project management principles and practices coupled with working experience as a ScrumMaster in a recent project/initiative
3. Scrum Master Certification (CSM) required
4. Runs, organizes, and leads regular agile sprints across multiple departments especially in Development, and Operations.
5. Strong management experience and/or leading large cross-functional/cross-regional teams on major organizational projects
6. Facilitates daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, and other Scrum-related meetings
Soft Skill Interpersonal Skills Required:
1. Enables team to clear obstacles and impediments, preventing distractions and interruptions
2. Establishes an environment where the Agile team can be effective at meeting objectives
3. Ensures a good relationship between the team, business owners, and others outside the team, addressing team dynamics and competing priorities in a tactful manner
4. Provides hands-on training and coaching to individuals, teams, and executives on all aspects of Agile
5. Acts as a change agent in supporting non-technology teams to transition too agile
– Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineer or related