Contract Length: 5 months (potential for extension)
Location: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Seeking an experienced Scrum Master to assist with multiple International Data Banking projects that are primarily Kanban based as opposed to Scrum.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a strong team of experienced practitioners that provide a lot to learn from. They are also a very agile unit and a supportive open team.
The selected candidate will also be gaining further hands on experience within the dataspace.
Typical Day in the Role:
– Ground rules through leading by example
– Assess and coach the team to higher levels of performance, tracking acceleration metrics
– Guide the development team on how to integrate agile ceremonies and values into daily work.
– Encourage an environment where open communication and collaborative problem solving can pave the way for faster removal of any impediments and where the impact of mistakes can be minimized through early detection, making them into learning opportunities
– Engage with the team and technical SMEs to identify technical debt risks and develop approaches to remediate.
– Upskill the Product Owners
– Implement and promote use of agile methodology within the team
– Facilitate agile ceremonies including iteration planning, iteration review, retrospectives, and daily standups
– Create a forum for discussing vision, goals, and Product Backlog items amongst the team – Apply techniques for effective workflow visualization and management (e.g. Kanban or Scrum Boards)
– Identify, manage, and help mitigate issues and risks, with particular emphasis on timely removal of impediments for the team and/or directing obstacles to appropriate owners for quick resolution
– Facilitate identifying and enacting improvement strategies to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables
– Ensure team execution and delivery to committed sprint work- maintaining the momentum of the initiative and upholding a sustainable pace of delivery; track agile metrics to provide statistical proof of momentum and sustainability
– Understand long-term product planning/ roadmap and help inform development teams to create quicker gains for the benefit of the end user
– Ensure that proper lightweight documentation (captured in artifacts such as program vision statement, program backlog, program roadmap, release plan, sprint backlog, and increments) is prioritized and added to the
Must Have Skills:
1) Scrum master – 3+ years of professional experience
2) Kanban – 2+ years of hands on experience
3) Experience doing KPIs – 2+ years of hands on experience
4) Working on large-scale agility – 1+ years of hands
5) Technical background/experience (understanding data and how they use the data)- 3+ years of hands on experience
6) Jira & Confluence -1+ years of hands on experience
Nice to Have Skills:
– Scrum Certification
– LeSS Certification
– FI/Banking (North American Bank)
– Project management experience
– Strong facilitation, process improvement/flows, organization skills
– Ability to deal with upper management (VPs and Developer, etc.)
– Strong focus on team health
– Work with change management
– Willing to push – hold their ground, keep everyone accountable, assertive/collaborative
– Bachelors Degree (Technical or Computer Science preferred)