SAS Programmer Analyst
Looking for someone intermediate 5-7 years of experience to help with some SAS data work for a Financial Institution.
• Data manipulations including the usage of basic standard SAS procedures and use of SAS Macros.
• Working with large data (i.e., millions of records) from SAS and non-SAS (Sybase or Oracle or DB2 databases) data sources into a SAS environment and performing SAS data manipulations against the resulting sets.
• Transform the resulting SAS data sets into specific output file formats and subsequently being able to manipulate the resulting text files with UNIX commands to include standard headers and trailers.
• Automate applications including incorporating appropriate checks and controls.
• Validate and test all code for accuracy and efficiency.
• Assist in the development of solutions by recommending alternative solutions to technical problems.
• Extracting, transforming and loading source data into the SAS environment from multiple sources including major DBMS and application transaction files.
• Interacting with the HM, the immediate team, and some stakeholders (to get what their needs are, not always working with BAs)
Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of SAS programming experience including SAS Macros
• Experience in extracting, transforming, and loading data into the SAS environment from multiple DBMS sources
• Experience in building data management processes using SAS, SAS Macros, SQL, and Sybase
• Background in building technical solutions based on business requirements
• Great Communication Skills – able to gather some business requirements, process development, ideally, but not required
Nice to Have Skills:
• University degree*
• Knowledge of Unix
• Large data (large enterprise) exposure
• FI experience in a technical area
• Exposure to production environment (producing reports and/or automation)
• Project management experience
• Modeling analytics environment exposure
• SAS Certification*
• Forward thinking
• Problem solver