Request ID: 33034-1
Start/End Dates: 3/2/2020 – 3/1/2022
Work Location: Toronto
Job Title: SAS Programmer Analyst
Contract Length: 24 months
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 7.5hrs/day (limited OT) – 37.5hrs/wk
Reason for the Opening:
• Large work volumes within the group and some new projects in the pipeline within the fiscal year and will allocating resources where required with the help of contractors
• They are more on the technical side in terms of the programming. Everyone is collaborative and are a very cross-functional group. They utilize talent and resources where they can find. Business casual dress code.
Employee Value Proposition (EVP):
• Will have exposure to some key important projects for the bank (high visibility) which are critical and will be fast-paced and be seen as value. They are dealing with large databases and complex programs and would become familiar with this while on the projects.
• Data manipulations including the usage of basic standard SAS procedures and use of SAS Macros.
• Working with large data (i.e., millions of records) from SAS and non-SAS (Sybase or Oracle or DB2 databases) data sources into a SAS environment and performing SAS data manipulations against the resulting sets.
• Transform the resulting SAS datasets into specific output file formats and subsequently being able to manipulate the resulting text files with UNIX commands to include standard headers and trailers.
• Automate applications including incorporating appropriate checks and controls.
• Validate and test all code for accuracy and efficiency.
• Assist in the development of solutions by recommending alternative solutions to technical problems.
• Extracting, transforming and loading source data into the SAS environment from multiple sources including major DBMS and application transaction files.
• Interacting with the HM, the immediate team, and some stakeholders (to get what their needs are, not always working with BAs)
Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of SAS programming experience including SAS Macros • Experience in extracting, transforming, and loading data into the SAS environment from multiple DBMS sources • Experience in building data management processes using SAS, SAS Macros, SQL, and Sybase • Background in building technical solutions based on business requirements • Great Communication Skills – able to gather some business requirements, process development, ideally, but not required
Nice to Have Skills:
• University degree
• Knowledge of Unix
• Large data (large enterprise) exposure • FI experience in a technical area • Exposure to production environment (producing reports and/or automation) • Project management experience • Modeling analytics environment exposure • SAS Certification*
• Forward thinking
• Problem solver