Salesforce Business Analyst
Location Address: WFH (Toronto once restrictions are lifted)
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWMS – Digital Client Services – Group 1
• Project: The GWMS CRM team is the Salesforce Centre of Excellence. The team is currently responsible for 10 different Salesforce Orgs across multiple lines of Business and is in the process of further expanding to additional lines of Business and new geographies.
• Reason for request: In support of this growth, the team is looking for an experienced Senior Business Analyst to both deliver on existing initiatives and establish Business-Technology roadmaps for future initiatives.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on an expansion in the Canadian wealth management space at one of the Big Five Banks in Canada.
Typical Day in Role
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Must have at least 3 years of experience delivering Salesforce CRM solutions
• Ability to collaborate with senior leaders from Business and Technology to design long-term Business-Technology roadmap for individual Salesforce orgs
• Experience leading discovery sessions with multiple Business and Technology stakeholders to elicit and capture business requirements and processes. Including the definition of user personas, epics, and user stories.
• Extensive knowledge of authoring user stories in JIRA, documenting related artifacts on Confluence and generating process flow diagrams through applications such as Visio, Gliffy & Draw.io
• Hands-on experience configuring Salesforce in the following areas: users, profiles, permission sets, role hierarchy, validation rules, sharing rules, reports and dashboards
• Proficiency with using agile methodologies and rapid prototyping to rapidly deliver incremental value.
• Ability to design and implement Enterprise Org strategy for multiple Salesforce orgs Bank-wide with an emphasis on designing once and implementing many.
• Ability to design elegant solutions for highly complex problems that can include changes to Technology as well as changes to existing Business processes.
• Previous experience with Data Loader, SF Inspector
• Ability to write/create queries using SOQL Queries
• Possess a Salesforce UX centered focus, in addition to a familiarity on aspects of UI design such as creating mockups and wireframes
• Proven ability leveraging analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work collaboratively within cross functional teams using agile methodologies such as SCRUM/Kanban
• Experience on a Salesforce Implementation through the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong communication and leadership skills
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• Salesforce certification preferred
• MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format:
• 1st round – panel video interview (scenario-based) with HM & Senior Tech Resource
• 2nd round – panel video interview (scenario-based) with HM & Senior Tech Resource