Position: SAFe Transformation Coach
Duration: 6 Months
Location: 5115 Creekbank Road, Mississauga (hybrid)
Title: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Transformation Coach
About the team
The Bell Agile Framework (BAF) Transformation Team is responsible for enabling groups to launch andor optimize Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and Lean Portfolios (LPM) centred on delivering value using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). The team consists of a large number of coaches working within a hub Lean Agile Centre of Excellence (LACE) or a spoke LACE to transform the organization to adopt scaled agile concepts.
SAFe is enabled through BAF, which includes a complete SAFe transformation solution of value stream mapping, SAFe training, ARTLPM construction, agile coaching with a fully configured tooling and reporting stack. The BAF Transformation team is supported by a tooling enablement team and an ART that continuously improves the BAF solution based on customer feedback.
BAF Transformation Coaches work with senior leaders in the organization to plan the transformation and then lead those involved to learn how to leverage SAFe using BAF to achieve the benefits of faster time to market, increases to productivity, improvements in quality and happier, more engaged Employees. They must have excellent communication and planning skills, be leaders and teachers and empathetic to those transitioning in the way they work.
BAF Transformation Coaches are team players who understand their role in the overall transformation and in helping leaders achieve their scaled agile transformation goals.
- Run SAFe value stream and ART identification workshops to identify value streams and the solutions needed to deliver on them
- Provide SAFe certified training sessions both online and in person to both teams they are transforming and advanced training for groups across the organization already transformed
- Ability to help leaders construct Agile Release Trains (ARTs) team of teams built around solutions andor Lean Portfolios based on the delivery through value streams
- Work with both leaders and teams to understand the transformation they are part of and why they are doing it
- Coaching leaders and teams to adopt a Lean Agile Mindset
- Work with Product Managers andor Epic Owners to build backlogs of Epics and Features
- Work with Solution andor Enterprise Architects to build backlogs of Enablers
- Coach agile teams to adopt or improve agile concepts and use the Plan, Do, Check and Adjust (PDCA) cycle in their delivery of Stories and resolution of Defects.
- Prepare the team for and lead them through Program Increment (PI) Planning, execution of the PI and Inspect and Adapt and teach them how to conduct the session themselves.
- Participate in facilitating Community of Practice (CoP) sessions for shared experience groups such as Release Train Engineers, Product OwnersManagers, Architects, Scrum Masters and Business Owners.
- Attend transformation team scrums to work as part of a team to move transformation activities forward and solve problems
- Must be an up to date certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
- Enabled to deliver up to date SAFe certified training for Leading SAFe and SAFe for Teams
- Experience conducting SAFe value stream and ART identification workshops to identify value streams and the solutions needed to deliver on them
- Experience launching Agile Release Trains (ARTs) andor Lean Portfolios using Scaled Agile Framework
- Must have exceptional communication, planning skills and the ability to teach others new and sometimes complex concepts
- Must posses the ability to be empathetic with employees undergoing change
- Enabled to do other up to date SAFe certified training such as LPM, RTE, POPM, Architects, Scrum Master, etc.
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with PlanviewAgile Place
- Experience working at large organizations
- A specialization through advanced work in areas such as Product Management, DevOps, Architecture or Lean Portfolio Management
- Worked within a Lean Agile Centre of Excellence (LACE) to implement SAFe