Contract Duration: 6 months
Location Address: WFH
Story Behind the Need
Will be accountable for a number of workstreams as part of the project to develop and/or enhance processes for the operational risk capital calculation and financial disclosures required under the Standardized Approach for operational risk capital. These will include coordination of the steering committee overseeing the project, coordination of data quality reviews and oversight of technical enhancements to IBM Open Pages; the Bank’s book of record for operational risk loss events.
Working with the Sr. Manager Data Quality, you will be responsible for developing and coordinating data quality review activities across multiple business lines with respect to operational risk loss event data to feed into future operational risk capital calculations under the Standardized Approach. The focus will be to execute a strategy to identify, track, manage and monitor qualitative and quantitative data quality issues and their resolution with respect to critical data elements for operational risk events identified through the use of tools, or by business stakeholders.
Will work with relevant stakeholders to ensure processes are developed or refine to provide required operational loss event data to capital management groups and Finance as appropriate.
You will also play a key role in ensuring any Internal Audit requirements are addressed prior to the implementation of the capital model.
Operational Risk Data quality
• Provide structured approach to coordinate and resolve data quality issues as well as communication of status to various stakeholders
• Coordinate root cause analysis and remediation plans for data quality issues
• Conduct data requirements sessions with stakeholders
• Coordinate work effort required on aligning data governance with Enterprise data governance deliverables in relation to Data Remediation activities
• Provide status reporting on state of data quality review activities
• Clarify requirements with stakeholders and manage scope expectations.
• Act as the main point of contact for resolution and management of Data Quality Issues
• Contribute to the development of test cases for data quality issues
• Contribute to the development and execution of testing including coordinating system and acceptance testing
• Review defects arising from testing, including User Acceptance Testing, and work with stakeholders to resolve them
• Provide guidance with the definition of a defect as a Change Request or bug.
System Enhancements and Change Requests
• Provide recommendations to technology support team relating to system enhancements and improvements to better support OP Risk data quality control.
• Develop change requests and effectively communicate with both business teams and technical teams.
• Develop, agree, and document data extraction process with capital management team
• Develop process for financial reporting of losses in accordance with SMA requirements: disclosure
• Create and monitor the audit artifacts trackers.
• Liaison with project manager to provide remediation updates.
Project governance & committee coordination
• Coordinating and preparing for governance committee and working groups.
Must Have skills:
1. Minimum two years of Operational Risk Management experience, to specifically include knowledge of operational risk event reporting requirements
2. Minimum two years experience in data quality capabilities and data governance, data life cycle management.
3. 2+ years of experience with Master Data Management or Data Quality tools, including SAS, SQL, Power BI
4. Experience in system enhancement and change request
5. Knowledge of Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and PowerPoint skills
6. The role requires strong communication skills and inter-personal skills to influence and clearly communicate complex issues effectively to ensure key stakeholders understand risks and priorities.
Nice to have:
1. Spanish speaking is an asset.
2. Knowledge of IBM open-pages would be considered an asset
3. Sound knowledge of banking financial products, risk management methodologies and best practices is nice to have.