Position Title: Release Manager
LOB: ServiceNow Platform Strategy
The primary objective of the position is to Lead release standards for the ServiceNow environments. The role sits within the ServiceNow Platform Team and is tasked with delivering solutions that integrate various enterprise systems in a hybrid cloud environment. This resource will be required to take on some pseudo Project Management activities, specifically the coordination and organization of deliverables and their timelines. Multiple ServiceNow initiatives will run concurrently (smaller projects of $50-100k).
Role Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Define standard release processes around major and minor release cycles for ServiceNow
• Work with Demand Governance Team to manage the internal demand for ServiceNow platform
• Work with product and ITSM process owners to ensure non-development requirements for releases are in place
• Work closely with ServiceNow Platform operations teams including development and testing teams (set up in On and Offshore model) to ensure acceptance of release items and their on-time delivery
• Maintain release schedule for upcoming release cycles
• Understand work in the pipeline to identify potential dependencies and conflicts for release cycles
• Provide near perfect effort estimates to deliver a requirement by working with Development and QA teams.
• Communicate to platform stakeholders of upcoming release windows and post deployment activities
• Convert information in technical stories into end user understandable release notes
• Plan and manage end to end ServiceNow Upgrade Initiatives.
• Work closely with the ServiceNow Strategy Lead and Platform Manager on the Product Roadmap
• Report on the effectiveness of the release process
• Deliver a positive and value-added experience to internal clients in every interaction
• Respond to and manage service issues and problems as part of the Platform team
• Responsible for awareness and compliance to policy and guidelines of the ServiceNow Platform
• 7+ years of release management experience- specifically on ServiceNow-centric initiatives
• Very strong experience with managing enterprise level releases across multiple times using ServiceNow- candidate should have managed at least one upgrade cycle throughout their tenure
• Very strong service management skills- IDSM
• Strong Knowledge of ServiceNow Platform as a Product, its capabilities and release cycles.
• ServiceNow System Administration Certified and/or Trained
• Strong ITIL experience and/or certification
• Experience working in Agile Scrum environment
• Ability to manage and deliver small to medium complexity ServiceNow Implementation Projects.
• Foundational knowledge of PMLC/project management principles – no PMP required
• Very strong communication skills are a MUST- this resource is expected to coordinate with onshore and offshore resources and drive results. There may also be a presentation element to the role
• Ability to drive results and tight deadlines to a diverse team
• Strong project management skills- note the resource will not be required to create project documentation, or decipher complex project financials
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to successfully liase with different leaders in the business- they must be able to comfortably and convincingly discuss business requirements with various stakeholders and leadership