Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
Business group: The Group Supports capital markets front office trading space.
Project: The group is seeking a Regulatory Reporting BA/QA to perform analysis, release management support and implementation, testing and internal reporting support related to Finance Regulatory Reporting projects and BAU activities supported by the IT Finance domain.
Candidate Value Proposition: The successful resource will have an opportunity to not only work in a big 5 bank with the opportunity for extension, but also work with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies and applications.
Typical Day in the Role
– Gather testing requirements, test and resolve issues in a testing (IST, UAT, Regression) and production support environment.
– Provide support for business process documentation and development of materials related to the completion of Operational Readiness (OR) requirements for Global Finance Regulatory Reporting projects and BAU activities.
– Provide support for additional BAU Governance activities as needed – e.g., recording minutes of critical meetings (BAU Support Forum, Axiom FBO BAU and Net Cap release planning meetings) and preparation of release plans and testing artifacts related to testing activities.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1) 5+ years of experience in a business analyst role
2) 2+ years of experience with QA testing responsibilities
3) 5+ years’ experience within the financial services industry
4) 3+ years of experience with MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Nice to Have Skills:
– Prior AXIOM implementation experience – this is highly preferred and candidates will be prioritized
– Experience providing support for large-scale Regulatory Reporting, General Ledger and/or financial oriented projects
– This candidate will be working with locations in Colombia and other South American countries so bilingual Spanish/English is preferred but not required
– Strong verbal and written communication skills essential to properly understanding and resolving needs – do interact with business, need to be comfortable – clear, concise
– Strong work ethic, self-starter, quick learner with a can-do attitude.
– Comfortable working in a fast paced, unstructured environment.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Teamwork and interpersonal skills are a must
– Excellent analytical skills
– Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related business field required