Job Title: Reconciliation Clerk – Junior– Job ID: 32595-1
Duration: 12 Months
This job has direct or indirect impact on the following:
• Contributes to customer confidence and satisfaction by ensuring transactions and/or audit/ reconciliation activities are processed accurately and on a timely basis.
• Contributes to customer retention by ensuring service quality in processing transactions.
• Contributes to Bank financial performance by responding on a timely basis to changing operating conditions so as to mitigate financial penalties and costs; also ensures an appropriate balance between customer service and costs to minimize loss of revenue or customer dissatisfaction.
• Contributes to the mitigation of reputational risk and financial loss against such things as fraud, defalcation and/or financial penalties by ensuring compliance with Bank P&Ps and regulatory requirements.
• Contributes to the mitigation of costs/ impacts associated with human errors by supporting proper on-the-job training of others.
• High volume and/or high risk environment with strict timeframes that are time sensitive and subject to large penalties if timelines are missed.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
A. Product & Process
• Process and/or fulfill transactions, perform audit/ reconciliation activities and/or other activities in accordance with established priorities and deadlines on a timely, accurate and efficient basis.
• Resolve discrepancies/ exceptions that frequently deal with non-routine situations, requiring further analysis.
• Investigate and may resolve or make recommendations to more senior team members on more complex, non-routine issues relating to internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries or requests, business process efficiency and quality control within existing procedures.
• May resolve escalated work or issues from more junior staff, where applicable.
• Enable productive relationships within the line of business (LOB) and other functions through responsiveness and support. Proactively work with others (i.e., on own team, shared service centre, other operational areas, or with the internal business partner and/or external customer) to ensure delivery of timely, quality and efficient fulfillment activities.
• Provide advice to internal business partners and peers to support the completion of a process or activity within established procedures.
• Provide input and analysis into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the work team, and participate in the planning, testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes.
• Provide on-the-job assistance and training to others, as requested.
B. Risk & Control
• Escalate issues that require resolution by more senior team members, as per guidelines.
• Identify potential risk situations/ impacts, and make recommendations or escalate to the manager.
• Review transactions and requests for compliance with regulatory and Bank requirements, as required.
• Monitor production logs and schedules to ensure key controls are followed and exceptions are actively pursued; escalate to the manager as appropriate.
• Provide information for regulatory reporting and audit queries.
• Ensure all appropriate authorizations/ approvals are obtained in accordance with policies and controls.
• Ensure adherence to all aspects of FirstPrinciples, Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Corporate Policy, as well as all applicable legislation, regulatory rules and requirements, and Bank standards, policies and procedures (P&Ps) for such things as potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities.
• Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank P&Ps.
• Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to such things as fraud or defalcation.
C. Business Performance Management
• Monitor service delivery performance, production processes and quality, providing reports to the manager for the purpose of optimizing operational effectiveness.
• Deliver exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support.
• Align individual performance goals to team and organizational goals.
• Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with “Our Way” model and aligned with client’s values.
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• 2 to 3 years of related experience
• Good knowledge of standard desktop applications : Excel and VBA
• Good knowledge and understanding of Capital Markets Operations of Canadian and US markets
• Good understanding of the business unit’s risk and regulatory requirements
• Good knowledge of departmental systems and applications
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good investigation skills
• Good prioritization skills
• Good organizational skills
• Good customer service and relationship management skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience