Real Estate Analyst
Contract, potential to convert to Full time
We're looking for a Real Estate Analyst who will be overseeing the negotiation of leases with landlords, real state lawyers and internal clients.
Must be proficient in Excel and have experience with lease agreements.
This is a backfill for a mat leave, but there is potential to convert to FT.
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
• Negotiate the lease or purchase of land or buildings to facilitate the client group's head end and cell site expansion projects, ensuring compliance with company standards/policies.
• Negotiate with new and existing landlords and complete the necessary real estate contracts on a timely basis.
• Liaise with internal client groups as well as landlords, real estate lawyers, brokers, planners, construction managers, and other real estate professionals and governmental organizations in the negotiation of real estate agreements.
• Complete all necessary due diligence required for the acquisition of land or buildings to ensure the company’s interests are protected, including reviewing environmental site assessment and building inspection reports. Investigate zoning requirements of properties and assist in the preparation of permit applications, site plan applications and other required municipal approvals.
• Negotiate with existing landlords to obtain approvals to expand the company’s leased premises and/or install additional equipment.
• Responsible for composing effective, concise renewal notices; preparing preliminary market analysis to determine fair market value; negotiate business terms for the renewal term, including rent, securing further options, and improving the terms and conditions of the initial agreement; and preparing and executing necessary lease documentation.
• Participate in cost control and quality control related to negotiations.
• Perform activities related to property administration functions including follow up and coordination of landlord complaints related to property damage, key and access issues, maintenance issues, snow removal and meter installations
• Manage numerous projects at one time.
• Resolve issues with landlords.
• Update a variety of monthly tracking reports.
• College diploma or University degree in the area of land use planning, real estate law, real estate development, or a related field.
• Three to four years experience negotiating and administering real estate contracts
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Customer focused and solution oriented.
• Excellent judgment and proven decision-making ability.
• Knowledge of the telecommunications industry an asset.
Strong multi-tasking capabilities.
Computer literate with fluency in software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, Salesforce and other database applications.