Location Address: Toronto – WFH until further notice – potential to come back into the office once a month.
Contract Duration: Oct 31st end date – potential for extension or conversion to FTE
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9- 5
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Online and Mobile Banking Channels
Project: As a ReactJS developer, you will be supporting the contribution and development of the Global Canvas Design System. You will be also supporting all projects that uses Canvas within Digital on ReactJS/web/nodeJS components for PAC countries, including Canada, Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Chile, CCAU.
Candidate Value Proposition:
This ReactJS role is responsible for building and delivering best-in-class internal and external communications in support of the Global Engineering team and PAC Digital engineering teams using inner source philosophy. This includes providing trusted advice and individual support to teams on UX components globally.
This is a creative and challenging role, which will demand innovative thinking and initiative, resourcefulness, and stakeholder management. Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Typical Day in Role:
• Very strong trouble shooting and investigation
• You will create and maintain software documentation.
• You will write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
• Attend agile ceremonies
• Develop components and features requested by teams
• Releasing libraries and notify different channels in Slack and Teams
• Answer questions in our public channels communities
• Governing the Pull Request going into the repos
• Onboarding teams which want to use Canvas libraries
• Provide consultation on new components or improvements on existing components
• Review how teams are implementing Canvas as needed
• Help improve the contribution experience by identifying pain points
• Develop ReactJS UX front ends and integrate with microservices
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
2. Experience in front-end development with ReactJS, React Native, Spring Boot, CSS, SASS, Styled-components, Restful APIs
3. Familiar with unit testing frameworks like REST, React Testing library and enzyme.
4. You have knowledge in Object Oriented and Functional Design
5. 2+ experience with Git, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket
6. You stay up to date with industry best practices
1. Fullstack experience
2. Previous Scotia contractor
3. Previous Canadian FI experience
4. Cloud and CI/CD experience
5. Pivotal Cloud Foundry
6. You’ve built accessible and internationalized eb applications before (JAWS, Voiceover, Transifex).
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong Leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
• Outgoing personality
• Aspire to innovation
• Can work independently
• Team player
Education: Post secondary degree in computer science or engineering
Candidate Review & Selection:
2 IVs – 1 with technical resource – 2nd culture interview with manager
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP