Typical Day in the Role:
– Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
– Write testable, repeatable, and automated test cases
– Effective design, development, integration, testing and implementation of business requirements
– Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
– Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
– Create and maintain software documentation and provide knowledge transfer as required to support a solution
– You will collaborate with the Scrum team to successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed.
– Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with our Values, Code of Conduct and the Global Sales – – Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, and conduct risk.
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Must Have Skills:
– 5+ years of experience in responsive web application development using frontend technologies on a Microsoft .Net framework
– 5+ years of experience in web application development using React Components, Event Handling, Reach Hooks, Routers, Conditional Rendering
– 5+ years of experience developing SPA & RWD
– 5 + years’ of development & integration experience with JSON, XML, API, REST API, RESTFul API, Web and SOAP services
– Hands on experience with Git, BitBucket, Microsoft TFS
– Strong experience with Visual Studio & Visual Studio Code authoring tools
– Good understanding of SDLC, STLC, TDD & Agile
– 2 + years experience with SQL/T-SQL skills for DB querying and Stored Procedure development
– An understanding of accessibility requirements and WCAG 2.0/2.1 standards
Nice to Have Skills:
– Previous experience working with a Financial Institute an asset
– 2 + years' of design and development with SQL Server Reporting Services?(SSRS) & Power BI
– 2 + years working with cloud based platform (Azure, PCF or GCP)
– Experience with Continuous Development or Continuous Integration is a plus
– Strong communication skills are needed for this role (Written/Verbal)
– Strong problem-solving abilities
– Strong technical documentation skills
Post Secondary education in a related field or equivalent work experience