Location Address: Toronto, Ontario
Contract Duration: 1 year
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Project: The successful candidate will be joining a new project focused on migrating existing BNS Digital Online Functionality to a cloud-based environment.
• Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting new project integrating cutting edge technology in an agile lab environment. Working in a collaborative environment, the candidates will work autonomously while working in a supportive environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Developing new user-facing features using React.js
• Building reusable, scalable, robust components and front-end libraries for future use
• Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
• Working closely with architect, UX designer, other developers and product owner on software architecture, design, dependencies and codes maintainability
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills (points 1 and 2 are key skillsets):
1) 3 + years of experience of React.js and its core principles, and React ecosystem JSX of react components life cycle.
2) 3 + years of experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux) and data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
4) 2 + years’ experience (1 or 2 recent projects) on front end optimization techniques such as Lazy Loading, Asynchronous Module Definition, Callback and Promises, Closures, Image Compression
5) 2 + year experience and good knowledge of NodeJS (Yarn) to NPM registry libraries/packages.
6) Development working experience in Cloud based (GCP or Azure)
7) Experience with writing unit tests with JEST, Enzyme
– Familiarity with RESTful APIs, GraphQL and ExpressJS framework
– Experience with Continuous Development or Continuous Integration is a plus
– Experience and knowledge of isomorphic React and babel React webpack are pluses
– Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token are a plus
– Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
– Strong working experience building for mobile web (such as Mobile First, Responsive and PWA)
– Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians and Disability Act (AODA) and related Regulations and standards.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: One technical interview, followed by a codility interview (1 hour IV + online written test)with HM & Tech Lead