Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Story Behind the Need:
• Project Summary : As a Quality Engineer, you will be a key player in the evolution and ongoing success for the testing practices within bank. You will be designing and building automation frameworks and tools that empower our QA delivery teams and help test their applications as efficiently as possible.
Candidate Value Proposition: Contributes to the overall success ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Build automation frameworks using the latest technologies and Quality Engineering (QE) concepts for web, desktop, and mobile applications.
• Contribute towards enhancing and extending current automation frameworks and tools.
• Maintain test environments and reporting tools that support functional and non-functional test activities like accessibility testing, compliance testing, etc.
• Be the Go-To person for automation: Collaborate and assist delivery teams with their automation efforts and help remove any impediments by being the subject matter expert in QE.
• Drive adoption of best practices in code quality, testing and maintainability.
• Proactively identify and ideate solutions to challenges faced by QA teams.
• An aptitude to learn new skills and a desire to ask questions.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with bank’s Values, Code of Conduct and the Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Qualifications/Must Have skills:
1. At least 7+ years of prior work experience as a Automated Tester
2. At least 7+ years of experience with Selenium, Apium
3. At least 5+ years of experience with BDD & TDD Java Language
4. 5+ years in building tools and automation frameworks using Java or any similar OOP language; this is a development role and not a testing role.
5. At least 5+ years of experience with frameworks/libraries like Selenium WebDriver, WebDriverIO, Appium, etc
6. Knowledge of web technologies and architectures/protocols (REST, SOAP, etc)
7. Strong experience in developing Unit Tests and Integration Tests using testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG
Soft Skill Prerequisites:
– Demonstrated problem-solving skills
-Strong knowledge of QA methodologies and software development lifecycle
-Excellent communication skills and a good command of English.
-Strong collaboration, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Nice to have:
1. FI or Banking prior work experience.
2. Strong Java or similar OOP language skills. Python is a plus
Qualifications: BS Degree in Computer Science or related field