Quality Assurance Analyst, Intermediate
We are looking for Quality Assurance Analysts with intermediate-level experience in verification testing and automated test management for multi-platform applications.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals to work within a Video Technology & Engineering department that delivers quarterly feature releases of a best-in-class mobile video streaming application. Successful candidates will have experience and demonstrable skills in the design and development of detailed verification plans for multi-platform services and features targeting a wide variety of endpoint devices (mobile, web, and smart TV). The selected individual will be working with a team of verification engineers to qualify our client software on a variety of platforms and participate in the planning, execution, analysis and reporting of issues. The team has a mandate to continuously monitor, and evaluate our testing strategy, coverage, methodology, and efficiency with the goal of optimizing our testing practices and processes over time. The increasingly competitive IP video streaming market ensures that this role will be both interesting and challenging.
– Execute test cases in the lab to verify customer experience during use of a multi-platform video streaming system/application
– Develop detailed test plans, test cases, test strategies, and other test artefacts
– Generate detailed problem reports, change requests, and enhancement proposals
– Gather, analyze, and communicate testing results
Skill & Experience Requirements
Required: At least 3 years of experience in the IT industry within a formal QA Verification role.
Required: Strong, demonstrable understanding of QA practices, processes, tools, and methodologies, ideally within a multi-platform mobile application context
Required: Strong working knowledge of JIRA, and TestRail (or similar products), and conversant with the “documentation chain” concept linking all artefacts in a product development cycle
Required: Ability to investigate issues independently, and execute a rigorous RCA workflow
Beneficial: Working knowledge of standard performance and networking diagnostic tools (Android Debug Bridge, Wireshark (or Fiddler),Memory/CPOU diagnostic tools, etc)
Beneficial: Experience with Android, iOS, and/or Mac environments and operating systems
Beneficial: Experience in planning and execution of automated tests using standard automation frameworks (ideally Appium, Selenium. etc.)
– Graduate of a post-secondary program majoring in any technical/technology discipline (Engineer/Technician/Technologist), or equivalent work experience.
– Required: Fluent in English (Written, Spoken), (French Proficiency is beneficial, but not required)