Typical Day in Role
• Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures
• Test system modifications to prepare for implementation Develop testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
• Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
• Create or maintain databases of known test defects
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery datesPart of the Agile Lab, they will receive stories and requests for new API that need to be tested
• Regression test cases
• Responsible for ensuring test automation coding standards are in place.
• Perform code reviews, static analysis to ensure highest quality of test automation code.
• Maintain and automate test data management strategy for test automation.
• Setup, Maintain and Administer the Testing Tools (Like SOA test, SOAP UI, Atlassian Suite).
• Develop, maintain and communicate (stakeholder presentation) delivery status, KPI and metric scorecards, quality checks and knowledge management solutions.
• Perform automation and tool assessment and present roadmap as needed.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 8+ years of experience as a QA Analyst required
• 5+ years working as an Automation Tester- Using SOA test (with manual testing experience as well)
• 3+ years of hands-on experience providing reports on test executions and test automation status.
• 3+ years of experience testing within an Agile lab environment within Canadian Banking or FI institutions.
• 2+ years of experience with using JIRA
• Experience testing software and writing test documentation such as Test Plans, scripts and test results reports
• Some experience on Rest Assured automation
• 2-3 years writing SQL queries.
• Strong communication skills – written & verbal
• Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required