Job Title: QA Tester
Location Address: WFH (Toronto when onsite)
Contract Duration: 03/01/2021 to 11/01/2021 (8 months) + good chance of extension
Project: The Group is supporting a new initiative. The project will focus on the QA Team to test, streamline and authenticate the public website.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a true agile team that embraces growth and change within the bank. Testing multiple native and mobile applications, this candidate will have an opportunity to diversify their environment while mastering their craft.
Typical Day in Role
• Perform testing for assigned projects by reviewing project documentation, preparing test documentation and executing test activities for multiple, parallel initiatives.
• Perform various types of testing including Functional testing, Accessibility testing, User Interface testing, Cross-browser & Cross-device testing across desktop, mobile devices and tablets, Content testing, URL redirection testing, and Regression testing.
• Complete Quality Assurance deliverables on time, as per the schedule.
• Report defects in defect tracking tool and work closely with the team so that solutions can be determined, prioritized and scheduled.
• Provide regular status updates and call out risks and issues to release and project timelines.
• Provide inputs for root cause analysis of post-production issues and plan to prevent them in future.
• Have in-depth and up-to-date understanding of the organization’s products, applications, systems, environments, processes and tools.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience, with proficiency in testing websites, mobile web and mobile apps (Android and iOS)
2. 5+ years Expertise in Functional testing, User Interface testing, Cross-browser and Cross-device testing, Content testing and Regression testing
3. 5+ years Working knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), accessibility testing methodologies and tools
1. Have detail-oriented approach to testing
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills – 9 / 10 or 10 /10 – team members have to collaborate with third party vendors and engage with multiple business lines, content managers and senior leadership – they need to be able to explain and clearly communicate what the challenges and defects are for the team
• Experience with testing websites built with Adobe Experience Manager
• Experience with testing Automated Banking Machines
• Experience with test case management and defect management tools
– 1 hour interview with HM + 1 cultural IV (30 min): Teams Interview (with Video on) + ability to share screen to complete a few assignments and reviewing live test cases
– Interviews to take place ASAP
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree/Diploma in a technical field such as Information Systems, computer science, computer engineering or related field required