Job Title: QA Test Engineer
Contract Duration: 9 months
FTE: Yes- preferred.
Location Address: WFH Scarborough Ontario CAN M1L4S2 ( Candidate will be required to WFH, once safe to go back onsite, location could be 2201 or downtown Toronto)
• Business group:
Our department is under CBT and Quality Assurance. We are testing the 450 different applications and products. This project is for Commercial customers – new platform which will integrate all pricing, deal structures and fulfillment enclosure as it pertains to loan products.
Reason for request:
To engage a QA test engineer with strong leadership and communication skills that will be responsible for managing testing of a large/complex commercial program. This candidate requires specific domain knowledge of nCino/Salesforce which is not currently available internally.
• Project Summary: Manage testing for a large commercial program by reviewing and evaluating requirements and design documentation, developing test strategies, approving the preparation of comprehensive test documentation, overseeing daily testing activities and monitoring the ongoing progress of testing.
Candidate Value Proposition –
– Joining a big corporation with a lot of opportunities.
– Join a department that is testing 450 applications under Canadian banking technologies
– A lot of opportunities for career growth, can move to other portfolios, teams or departments.
Typical Day in Role:
– This is a lab environment
– Join the Scrum stand up meetings
– Day to day responsibilities of lab environment
– Coordinate activities, raise risk concerns, escalate risks
– Meet with teams and leads provide status updates
– We want to establish 3 different pods in this big lab. This person has to work with the testers day to day to ensure testers are on track.
– Report status’ back to HM as well as the lab team.
Job Responsibilities and Competencies
– Expert analytical and conceptual thinking skills, using creativity and attention to detail
to develop testing solutions that help proactively uncover issues, find bugs and assess
product with the end user in mind.
– Strategic thinking ability enabling the selection of optimal testing solutions (smart vs
– The individual requires superior oral and written communication skills and proven
ability to: make presentations to varied groups; deal with all levels of line
management up to the Executive Vice-President (individually or in committee); and
conveying clear and compelling project artifacts.
– Openness to ideas, willingness to take on any task or role, focus on the customer, and
a constant view of the big picture.
– Excellent leadership skills
Qualifications/ Must have skills:
1. A minimum of 10 years in QAT
2. 2+ years of experience with nCino & Salesforce (Commercial Credit Origination, Credit Risk Management, Deal Structuring, Pricing, Adjudication and fulfillment)
3. Experience in managing medium to large size team – please specify in the resume
4. 3+ years of experience working with automated testing frameworks (Selenium – is a must)
5. Understanding of DevOps and Agile enablement and continuous testing
6. Testing experience within the financial industry
7. Prior experience with banking platforms which integrate all pricing,
deal structures and fulfillment enclosure as it pertains to loan products.
1. Previous big 5 bank experience
– Knowledge of test driven development
– Expert understanding of QA Best practices and methodologies
– Good working knowledge of both agile and traditional Waterfall SDLC
– Excellent knowledge of testing tools i.e. Jira, Quality Centre, DevOps principles, automation tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, UFT and LeanFT
B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information sciences, or equivalent