Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need
Project Summary : The main function of a QA Test Analyst is to develop, implement, and document all testing activities, including test planning, test documentation, test execution, defect tracking and reporting, including follow-up and issue resolution.
– Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures
– Test system modifications to prepare for implementation
– Develop testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
– Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
– Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content
– Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
– Create or maintain databases of known test defects
– Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
– Experience testing software
– Experience writing test documentation such as Test Plans, scripts and test results reports
– Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing
Qualifications/Must Have skills for a Manual Functional QA:
1. Design test approach, Develop Test Strategies and Plans. Align test cases to requirements and user stories.
2. Experienced in JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket/Git suite and managing test cases, test plans using Jira plugins like X-ray or Zephyr.
3. In conjunction with the development team, develop manual tests, develop/create test data, construct and execute exploratory, system, regression, migration, back-end, and user acceptance tests and determine whether to create automation frameworks.- Manual Functional QA
4. Write clear and concise defect reports and work as an empathetic advocate for the user’s quality experience. Triage and prioritize defects for remediation, with the Product Owner and development team.
5. Conduct exploratory testing to find bugs that other testing means would not find during every sprint and drive testing workshops.
6. At least 2 years of experience with API testing experience with Postman
7. At least 2 years of Backend SQL database experience
Nice to have:
1. Previous Pega experience is a plus.
Qualifications: Associate's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required