Hiring Manager: Senior Development Manager
Location Address: Hybrid – 1/2 times a month for ad hoc meetings – preference for candidates in the GTA
Contract Duration: 1 year
Possibility of extension & conversion to FTE
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday; standard 37.5 hrs/week (Possible OT outside of working hours during production incidents)
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Core – Digital Engineering Operations part of Digital Banking
Project: Supporting multiple applications in the role; potential for smaller projects from time to time, but mainly supporting apps – BAU
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow their testing and development skills in this role. As part of the Digital department, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of talented people changing how the bank develops applications, consumes services, and manages our IT infrastructure.
Typical Day in Role:
The main function of a QA Test Analyst is to develop, implement, and document all testing activities, including test planning, test documentation, test execution, defect tracking and reporting, including follow-up and issue resolution.
• Design and execute test cases, scenarios, scripts or procedures from the Functional and Automation Specifications.
• Participate in the Test case review meetings.
• Perform Functionality Testing, Retesting and Regression Testing.
• Test system modifications to prepare for implementation
• Develop testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
• Create or maintain databases of known test defects
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery date
• Support development teams with production issue fixes
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years’ experience as a QA Analyst
2) 2+ years’ experience with Software Development Life cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
3) 2+ years’ experience working with software development methodologies, specifically with Agile-Scrum
4) Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
1) Experience with Splunk and/or Dynatrace (please list which)
2) Certification or Participation Certificate in Bootcamps with React.js and Node.js
Soft Skills Required:
• Ability to work in a stressful environment, adaptability.
• Good communication skills – verbal and written
• Team-player v.s. individual contributor as they will be working in a tam environment often, to communicate between development teams
Bachelor’s degree – preferably in computer science or related field
Certification or Participation Certificate in Bootcamps with React.js and Node.js
Best VS. Average Candidate:
Ideal candidate is someone who has been working as a QA and interested in becoming a developer as there is an opportunity to grow as into a developer in this role; has strong communication skills and is a strong team player; someone who is OK with working OT/hours outside of regular schedule to support production incidents.