Job Posting Title: QA Specialist – Level 2
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 4 months to start
Senior System Tester with 5+ years of experience in process, planning, organizing and implementing testing efforts
- Experience with manual testing.
- Experience in working with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software.
- Knowledge and experience in testing of the Registry system (ex. Catalyst).
- Automation test development with Robot Framework and Selenium .
- Knowledge and experience in the following technologies: IBM AS/400, CA Synone – Development language, DB2 Database
- Knowledge of the systems development cycle (SDLC), software test life cycle (STLC), project management.
- Knowledge of application development methodologies, techniques and methods, structured analysis and design methodology, techniques; structured testing
- Analysis of business requirements and functional designs.
- Knowledge of Risk and evidence-based testing.
- Analysis of business rules.
- Identifying the test scenarios.
- Creation of the test cases.
- Creation of the traceability matrix.
- Defining the expected results.
- Creation of test data.
- Creation of test user accounts.
- Creation of database queries to select test data and ensure database integrity.
- Recording the results of the testing in Microfocus ALM/JIRA.
- Experience in entry, exit and acceptance testing criteria.
- Presentations to project and team members.
- Cross training to project and team members.
- Internet and Intranet, operating systems, databases, network protocols, and data transformation.
- Experience with SOAP UI, WEB Services & OPA Technology
- Excellent written communication skills to document and report complex findings from testing projects to project owners.
Provides advice on the testing strategy, test plans, the selection of testing tools, and the identification of resources required for testing. Plans and organizes testing efforts for large systems in Graphical User Interface (GUI) and non-Graphical User Interface (GUI) environments, including the execution of systems integration tests, specialized tests, and user acceptance testing (e.g., stress tests).
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for the development of test plans, test scripts and test cases and executing these against the various components. The tester will work with the testing lead and IT lead of each project as well as the project team members in the analysis, design, development, implementation and ongoing support of the required systems.
• Experience in planning, organizing and implementing testing efforts at the specified experience level
• Knowledge of structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation and maintenance of applications
• Knowledge and experience in the use of automated test tools and version control systems on one or more platforms
• Experience executing functional tests, non-functional tests and systems level integration tests
• Experience supporting user acceptance testing and participating in UAT activities
• Experience with quality assurance principles, practices, tools and structured methodologies
• Experience creating testing strategy documentation, test plans, test cases and test data for various types and phases of testing, including technical and business functional validation
• Experience in quality assurance and testing, including unit testing, integration testing, load testing, performance testing, etc.
• Knowledge and experience in all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; organizational, creativity and perseverance skills; verbal and written communication skills; and interpersonal skills
• A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
• Knowledge of one or more automated testing tools
• Knowledge and experience in at least one programming language
• Experience in the use of information retrieval packages
• Knowledge and understanding of testing methods in an object-oriented environment
• Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices.
• Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards
• Experience planning and organizing testing efforts forb oth large and small systems
• Experience coding automated test scripts to produce sets of automated test cases
• Experience testing Commercial Off-the Shelf Applications (COTS)