Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months (Possibility for extension or Convert to FTE)
Story Behind the Need:
Business group: The team is responsible for the production support and operation of the Bank’s retail online and mobile banking channels. We are energetic team and are looking for someone who as enthusiastic about raising the customer's Digital Channels expectations and experience
Project: The incumbent is responsible for the maintenance, support and change control of Bank's digital channel operations. She/he will part of a team of that will be responsible for incident/problem management of Digital Channels; Online brokerage; Mobile Payments and related production change activities. The incumbent will perform a liaison role and ongoing interaction between various units including, but not limited to:
Candidate Value Proposition:
– The department is extremely progressive at the bank in their day to day process
– The support system is very strong and the leadership is very in touch with the employees and worried about work life balance
– Great opportunity for long term extension or conversion down the road
Typical Day in Role:
– Analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of Digital Banking applications.
– Perform regression and sanity checks for scheduled, afterhours maintenance activities
– Planning and resourcing analysis for scheduled maintenance activities
– Manage and is responsible for extended hours work, including verification of all Digital Channel scheduled maintenance and releases based on deliverables.
– Direct day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits and communicate it throughout the team.
– Create an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
– Willingness to work outside of the traditional work week and requires continual shifting of priorities. The role requires attention after hours and on call support
– Assist in the development of processes designed to report, analyze and resolve problems with the objective of mitigating the associated operational, reputational, financial, and regulatory risks.
– Demonstrate leadership abilities and collaborate effectively with various technology and product partners.
– Be curious as the skill set and product knowledge will be ever evolving
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, balance simultaneous priorities and make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– This candidate is doing production testing not doing traditional QA testing
– The candidate will be sharing the work with three other individuals
– May be assigned day to day support tickets from call centers, lower priority that would need diagnosis and triage for resolution
– Intake changes, analyze for potential risk or inquiring about the affects of the proposed maintenance
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of experience in a similar BA or Testing role working
2) 3+ years of experience of incident and problem management with understanding of ITIL service delivery methodology
3) 2+ Experience working with webservices utilizing RESTful API, POSTMAN and SOAP calls
– Experience within digital banking systems
– Canadian Banking systems, processes and procedures by maintaining an expert knowledge of various online and mobile products/services offering
– Working knowledge of Service Now and Confluence or other enterprise support platforms
– Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
– Performance capacity management tools, Splunk, Dynatrace
– Effective communication and diplomacy skills are required to liaise between groups of varying technical expertise and interests.
– Strong logical thinking in understanding end to end use cases, as well as mapping them to system flows
– Candidate must understand the customer journey, and the system point of view and the infrastructure – Individual must have a very analytical eye and be able to process information at a high level
Degrees or certifications:
– Post secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, system analysis, etc
– ITIL BA Certifications are nice to have but not required