Duration: 12 months
Location: Toronto, ON
The QA Program Lead will provide the following oversight for the Program:
- Oversee the development and implementation of structured testing concepts, methodologies, and automated testing tools under direction of the Service Delivery Manager.
- Serve as professional and technical SME to other project team members in relevant work procedures, methodologies, environments and applications
- Lead day to day delivery and management of testing, including general direction for assigned work; facilitates test readiness reviews, establishes goals and objectives for appropriate testing cycles
- Escalate issues and risks to Service Delivery Manager as appropriate.
- Oversee user acceptance testing when appropriate
- Ensures overall quality and schedule adherence for projects
- Contributes and facilitates test environment definition and coordinates environment deployments; facilitates test plan risk assessment and acts accordingly.
- Oversees, reviews, and approves the development of regression, test data requirements and test artifacts.
- Author test-cases where appropriate
- Manage traceability matrix
- Performs the pre-conformance testing for the program with the help of vendor teams.
- Compiles, distributes and presents project level test summary reports & facilitates final sign off from the stakeholders before going live.
- Ensures procedures and standards fit project's needs and verifies usability for performing reviews and audits throughout the software development life cycle.
- Devices, recommends, and implements continuous improvements of the test management function and associated reporting functions.
- Recognizes and drives areas where policies and procedures need to be changed or developed; identifies areas for automation; identifies areas of vulnerabilities and recommends mitigation.
- Over 7 years of software quality assurance development experience
- Expert in QA methodologies with experience with a variety of automation technologies Extensive experience incorporating QA into project architecture and technical design phases
- Vast experience working with a Software Development Life Cycle approach (including requirements gathering, planning/estimation, design, development, testing) in an agile development environment
- Experience working with a bug tracking system such as JIRA
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related
- Experience in mentoring and coaching others
- Ability to establish priorities, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to be successful in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Strong creative problem-solving ability
- Professionalism with a sense of urgency
- Shows initiative and proactive
Skills considered to be a strong asset:
- Experience working in a clinical environment (e.g. pharmacy or physician’s clinic) is an asset
- Experience working in an organization that utilizes agile, scrum or extreme programming is an asset
- EMR and Pharmacy Management system experience are an asset