Job Title: QA Lead
Duration: 6 months
Location: WFH (Toronto, ON, when BCP lifted)
Our large financial client is searching for a strong QA Lead to manage and test multiple Trading applications for the Capital Markets OTC group.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a true agile team that embraces growth and change within the bank. Testing multiple applications, this candidate will have an opportunity to diversify their environment while mastering their craft.
Summary: The main function of a QA Test Analyst is to develop, implement, and document all testing activities, including test planning, test documentation, test execution, defect tracking and reporting, including follow-up and issue resolution for the GIC Modernization project and CDIC project.
Typical Day in Role:
– Developing E2E testing strategies and coordinate test execution (with both upstream and downstream systems)
-Manage testing that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
– Validation of Database tables using SQL
– API Testing with Postman or SOA (specifically Parasoft)
-Ability to produce dashboards and reports for sprints using
– Reporting frameworks like Allure, Extent reports.
Must Have Skills:
1. 3+ years of experience as a QA Technical Lead and experience in Agile delivery and Risk & regulatory projects
2. 2 + years' developing E2E testing strategies and coordinate test execution (with both upstream and downstream systems) for Trading Applications in Capital Markets environments
3. Recent experience API Testing with Postman or SOA (specifically Parasoft)
4. Experience validating data tables using SQL
5. Good oral and written communication skills and proven ability to: represent testing status/issues/make presentations to varied groups; deal with all levels of line management; and conveying clear and compelling project artifacts.
Nice to have:
– Automation testing development experience
– Performance testing experience
– Any of the big 5 banks will be do well*