QA Analyst – MPower x2
Location Address: WFH (downtown core, hybrid once restrictions are lifted)
Contract Duration: ASAP to 10/28/2022
Extension: Yes, up to 2 years
Number of Positions: 2
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWMS – Quality Assurance
• Project: MPower Migration project.
• Reason for request: New resources required for meeting new project targets.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have exposure to test an MPower Migration project for one of the Big Five banks in Canada.
Typical Day in Role
• Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures
• Test system modifications for areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
• Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen and database validations
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
• Develop, maintain and communicate (stakeholder presentation) delivery status, KPI and metric scorecards, quality checks and knowledge management solutions.
• Perform test execution and present roadmap as needed.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 2+ years of experience with MPower application testing
• 2+ years of experience with SQL queries and data validation
• Experience with equity trading applications and order management system
• Good Knowledge of JIRA, confluence is required
• Experience in analyzing the testing scope and developing work estimates.
• Experience in creating Test Strategies/Test Plans.
• White Box testing following QA principles, practices and methodologies
• Good understanding of UAT standards and methodologies
• Experience with Asset Management domain / Investment market data
• 1+ years of experience with Agile concepts – BDD, Kanban, Scrum is an asset (and will allow the contractor to participate in other projects in the future)
• Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing
• Strong communication skills – must be able to explain things clearly to project team members
Best vs Average: A candidate who has the required experience to do the work with minimal handholding. The team is looking for someone who will be able to hit the ground running.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: 1 panel video interview with HM & QA Lead (behavioral and technical questions)