Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 4 months
Reason for request: QA Analyst required for a critical Canadian banking regulatory project which needs to be delivered at the earliest.
Business line: Specializes in sending alerts & notifications and managing preferences of customers across various geographies
Story Behind the Need
Summary: The main function of a QA Test Analyst is to develop, implement, and document all testing activities, including test planning, test documentation, test execution, defect tracking and reporting, including follow-up and issue resolution.
– Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures
– Test system modifications to prepare for implementation
– Develop testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
– Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content
– Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
– Create or maintain databases of known test defects
– Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
Qualifications of Must have Skills:
1. 7+ years testing experience required in testing software
2. Experience writing test documentation such as Test Plans, scripts and test results reports. Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing
3. 3+ years of experience with API testing using SOAP UI, Postman, and prior experience with REST.
4. Basic Database knowledge to write queries – SQL and no-SQL
5. Prior experience in Test Automation (web and API) – using SOAP UI, Selenium, basic Java, Appium, etc.
6. Functional testing and automation of testing on Mobile devices
7. Understanding and use of basic Linux commands. Ability to use HP ALM & JIRA for testcase & defect management
Nice to have:
1. Prior experience Working in Agile delivery framework preferred
2. 4+ years of Banking domain experience preferred
Associate's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required