Location Address: WFH, followed by Toronto
Contract Duration: Until 10/31/2022 + good chance of extension
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Global Banking & Markets, Data & Analytics Engineering
• Project: Implementing new third party system used by compliance to lock the deals.
• Reason for request: Understaffed for current project needs.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience with a financial institution within a capital markets department. Working with multiple teams on compliance applications related to conflicts management, control room, and capital market products.
Typical Day in Role
• Work closely with Business Analyst, Product Owner, and other SMEs to interpret requirements and translate them to application solutions.
• Ensure delivery of negotiated product/function while following standards and methodologies. This includes the design, development, and unit testing of solutions using Python/Java, Spring Boot, RESTful services, and a variety of Microservices.
• Design solutions, write codes, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artifacts/documentation, and facilitates final delivery.
• Ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of productions systems.
• Liaises and solutions with third party vendors, to ensure the integration of their products/solutions meet our business and application requirements.
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
• Deploying, automating, maintaining, and managing all stages of the technology product life cycle.
• Collaboration as part of an Agile development team, participation in daily stand-ups, preparation of work estimates, identification of blocking and critical path steps.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 6+ years of technical experience in developing and supporting applications using technologies such as Java/Python, as well as: Spring framework and Unix scripting.
• 6+ years’ experience using SQL on databases such as (Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, PL/SQL) and NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, Cassandra or similar).
• 1 – 3 years’ experience with one of the following technologies: Apache NIFI, Apache Kafka, Elastic Search, JSON.
• Experience in building public and internal REST APIs.
• Strong development techniques, such as debugging, Test Driven Development, coding, use of productivity tools (Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Azure CI/CD Jenkins, Azure CI/CD DevOps pipeline).
• Data modelling experience is a plus and will be prioritized.
• Hands on experience designing and developing integration solutions with Kafka, message queue, and related technologies.
• Knowledge in Capital Markets Products, Control Room, Conflicts of Interest, Information Barriers and Employee Trading Programs, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Framework is an asset.
• Excellent communication, including the ability to distil technical details into human terms.
• Self-starter who will be able to come in and hit the ground running without a lot of guidance.
• Strong communication skills (written & verbal), Interacting with Product, Design, Front-end and Back-end Teams.
Best vs Average: Building applications from scratch on previous projects is also an asset.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Candidate Review & Selection:
• Structure and Format: One round panel – developers + HM (1 hour)