Location Address: 44 King Street W (44 King Street W)
Contract Duration: 4 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
OT: potential overtime depending on deliverables
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Global Operations Technology – Fraud, Collections & Systems
• Project: We are seeking an energetic, self-starter willing to take on a challenge! This position will deliver against new initiatives and support our D3 Security Case Management solution system that is widely used and integrated with the different line of businesses across Scotiabank. This system has been implemented as a centralized case management system for tracking and reporting on cyber and physical security incidents and investigations involving key global stakeholders; including Information Security & Control (IS&C), Corporate Security, Fraud, Privacy and Audit.
• Reason for request: support for project delivery
Typical Day in Role
• Develop modern, high-impact technology solutions/microservices that enables our business partners to realize business value very quickly.
• Collaborate with other functional and delivery teams to research and design the best solution for the different business requirements.
• Ensure quality of the solutions are robust, scalable and efficient to meet the needs of the business.
• Conduct testing of new software releases to ensure successful implementation with no impact to existing code base
• Provide guidance where required in all testing phases.
• Develop detail Design Document and other technical documentations for further reference as required.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge
• Tasks will lean more towards backend development
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
o D3 case management system with Digital Courier (Pega in particular) Fraud program system used by our Fraud partner.
o 5 years’ experience with Python, Java, and SQL
o Previous experience in systems integration, Integrating 3rd party vendor products.
o The incumbent must also possess a very good understanding of systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, and keep current with rapidly changing technology, experience with complex data, data mapping, user workflows and reporting.
o The incumbent must also possess a good understanding and experience in Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban).
o Strong understanding on the Talend ecosystem.
o Strong understanding on Data Analysis and building data integration with third party applications with Talend ETL pipelines/processes and the integration with multiple data sources (file-based, RESTful API & SOAP API, etc.)
o Experience with working with local and remote teams
o Previous experience from other FI
o D3 case management system with ACI Proactive Risk Manager (PRM)
o Excellent problem-solving skills. Have vision and innovative approach in resolving production issues, incidents, and the ability to convey them to our internal and external stakeholders.
o Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
o Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused, and attentive to details.
o Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
o Excellent time management and organizational skills
Best vs Average: Deep understanding of system application, can fulfil some/most nice-to-have skills.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format:
o 1st round: technical lead, HM, PM panel
o 2nd round: behavioral + technical interview