Job Title: Project Manager – Senior
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 18 Months
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
• Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners.
• Accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering assigned strategic projects, including all business, operational and IT deliverables.
• Manages all aspects of the project life cycle and works with matrix business, corporate and IT partners to oversee all phases of the project, and to ensure that related project processes are completed as required (including, as applicable, change management, process management, transition to business/operations, system development, quality management, etc.).
• Within the context of the assigned project, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications (including project briefings) with stakeholders at various levels of the organization, including executive level, as well as other internal and external resources.
• Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit. Ensures there is clear linkage between the business vision/context and the project scope and objectives.
• Chairs regular core team and key governance forums (e.g. Steering Committees, Operating Committees, Decision Forums) to review progress with key constituents.
• Represents the interests of the project or program in various project governance and inter-department forums.
• Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
• Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
• Develops or ensures development of project artifacts including charter, integrated plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related PM artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards (e.g. Project Management, Risk, Audit, Compliance). Monitors and controls the project.
• Proposes recommendations and adjustments to the Accountable Executive and publishes periodic project status reports.
• Contributes to improve the best practices of the project management community within the Enterprise to help drive consistency, transparency and execution excellence on projects
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ as a senior PM
• Technology PM Experience
• Relationship management and consulting skills.
• Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
• PMP Certification
• Payments Experience
• Banking experience
• Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills which bring clarity and precision at executive levels.
• Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills. Understanding of project management skills.
• Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. Clarity, MS project, SharePoint repositories, systems development life cycle (SDLC) if applicable).
• PMP Certification