Requisition Title: Project Manager/Leader – Level 3
Location: Oshawa, ON
Duration: 6 months
The purpose of the project is to bring the branch’s non-tax debt inventory into its existing tax information
technology solution OntTax and apply the use of enhanced collections tools. This will provide a single source of
collection services/tools using common processes and practices for all Ministries and programs regardless of debt type. The streamlined collections system will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness on the collection of
outstanding tax and non-tax debt due to the province of Ontario.
In the 2019-20 Ontario Budget, the Ministry of Colleges and Universities has proposed legislation to allow Ministry of Finance (MOF) to use enhanced collection tools to collect on Ontario Student Loans in default. Without a centralized IT solution, it will be difficult for Ministry of Finance (MOF) to apply the tools efficiently.
Other ministries are also requesting that MOF apply enhanced tools to their accounts in order to increase their
This project will focus on extending OntTax to better support collections using enhanced collection tools,
implement non-crown debt functionality, and further automation of processes making collections more efficient.
In addition, all existing collections accounts, across all government agencies currently being collected on by IFIS will be migrated into OntTax. Additionally MOL (Goldmine) and MOF (Provincial Land tax and Estate Admin Tax) will also be migrated into OntTax.
Scope of Services and Deliverables – The Services and Deliverables to be provided by the Vendor will include the following:
The resource will be responsible for providing support by performing the following tasks:
- In accordance with existing PMO standards support projects with the implementation of a solid project governance plan
- Support the refinement of Risk Management Plan/Issue Management Plan/Change management Plan/Communication Plan/Schedule Management Plan/Configuration Management Plan
- Provide direct support to the project Delivery Manager
- Support the development of briefing notes, decision notes and presentation material specific to project Steering Committee and Executive Steering Committee meetings
Work closely with Delivery manager and Project Manager on the development of weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting to senior leadership
?Other Project related tasks as deemed relevant by the Project Manager/Delivery Manager
The resource must be able to demonstrate knowledge of, and experience in, the following
skills, activities, or areas. The knowledge and experience must have been gained through work on a project(s) similar in size and scope to this project.
• Experience with leading Projects
• Experience with Project Management methodologies
• Experience working Governance structures and processes
• Experience with building relationships and leading executive level meetings
• Experience in preparing executive level reporting and presentations
• Experience with leading delivering a Centralized Collections system
• Understanding/alignment of Business and IT strategy
• Proven leadership, support of organization and decision making utilizing various tools/frameworks
The resource must be available to start work in accordance with the specified time frame and have the skills to produce the services requested as detailed within this document.
The resource must be able to demonstrate the ability to deal tactfully with people and have excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.